View Single Post
Old 07-11-2004, 04:34 PM

Installed mine this evening

I started yesterday, prepared the jet adaptor fitting:

The adaptor is fitted on a piece of 2mm alu. I hammered the alu board into shape & then drilled/tapped for the adaptor. Some silicon adhesive (gasket maker) was used to fix the assembly onto the hose. ( That was really a mess to work with ) ( And the hose was drilled previously of course ) Additional nylon ties secure the whole thing one step furthur. I hope the fitting can be trouble-free.

I did hesitate a lot about the jet location. For better access, it would be too close to my hot wire MAF. I was afraid, on such location, I'd experiece the hiccup as Hodrod did. Avoiding that, I'd have to place the jet just a few inches ahead of the compressor.

That's just what I did. On the picture above, the air flow is from left to right. The branch facing down in the middle is the outlet of recirc BOV ( which is 1" ID FYR ). The elbow on the right leads to compressor. You can see the jet is quite close to that.

The following picture shows it better:

It's about 6" to the end of the elbow, another 2" to the compressor blades.

I took 0.5mm jet on the pre-comp injection, 0.6 for pre-throttle. ( I ran 0.7 on pre-throttle only previously )

Since I have no check valves on hand right now, so I can just T the two jets directly. I know there would be some cross-flow & siphon, but I can't do anything about it. So... I arranged bigger jet on the pressured side, hopefully it could offset the cross flow somewhat. (I may be totally wrong & just fool myself)

Yet another thing that's not so optimum is that the pre-comp jet is quite far from HSV, about 3ft.

Anyway, it works!

Lukily I didn't experience the WOT bog down as Gelf. Yet not so lucky as Hodrod to get a rise in boost. Car just pulls harder on boost, especially in the midrange. The performance gain is easily sensible with a quiter turbo hiss.

This is really a very effective & worthy mod to me. Two thumbs up. Now I'm just waiting for Richard's mail of my check valves & other accessories to make the whole thing complete.

Thanks every contributor on this thread :wink: