View Single Post
Old 28-11-2011, 05:43 PM

Default 2006 STi Gauge turns off when Blower fan is turned on ::fixed::

Ive recently gotten a strange come back of a 2006 Subaru STi that we just installed an HSF-3 v2 on. The car left in working order, or so I thought. I guess I just never thought to turn on the blower (HVAC fan) while the car was here.

Basically, with the fan in the off position, the system works great. The gauge comes on and the meth flows readily when the IDC requests it too. However, as soon as you turn on the Blower fan, (this is a "auto A/C" system), the gauge turns off. I've tested for power at the module and voltage is present and never drops below 12.5v. Both grounds are good and are spliced together before they meet the chassis ground. I've installed a bunch of these kits into Subarus before using the same power sources and never had any issues.

I've tried multiple power sources around the car, and event made an entirely circuit using a relay with no changes to the problem.

As the system turns off, you can here a relay clicking inside the module.

The SN for the module is: 100685 and was purchased new from Howerton Engineering about a month or so ago.

If I'm leaving out any crucial information, please let me know.

I'd love to suggestions on where and what to test internally to see if there are any potential issues with the module itself.

-Nick

Last edited by Ngrabau; 28-11-2011 at 11:11 PM. Reason: Corrected the model year