View Single Post
Old 27-01-2010, 12:46 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiGiTaLBee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howerton Engineering
I think the small tube you are referring to is possibly the accumulator.
This unit is used to smooth out any pulses apparent in the lines due to the nature of the pump.
That's what I thought. But why is it missing from this system? I think (and maybe wrong) that with smaller engines, and the PWM-Valve working at lower speeds, this is needed more than the HFS-6 system that is intended for more powerful engines, as Richard pointed out. Did it up the price of the kit too mutch or it is really not needed? Can I have a kit with it or install one myself? I am planing on doing "direct port" injection that is why I am concerned about the pulsating jet so close to the intake.
Sorry for asking so many questions but this is a new kit and not match is written about it.

Thank you both for your replies
The item in question does two jobs. It stores a small amount of pressurised water from the previous injection event on readyness for the next event. This fills the gaps where system pressure can drop by a small amount before the water pump spools up from a dead stop to arriving at the intended system pressure. The second job is to softening the hammer-effect caused by the rapid on/off action of the inline valve.

One of reason for omitting it is final system cost, we have to trim $200+ off the HFS-6 so people can afford a PWM valve system other than the HFS-6. We have been criticised for not designing a system for the masses.

As to the effect on the overall system performance in its absence, it is mimimal. This is because the HFS-3 is designed as a trunk mounted system, the long pressurised nylon hose (18 feet) between the pump (in trunk) to the inline valve (engine bay) will act as the 22cc surge arrestor/accumulater.

The item can be purchased separately, part #806-409. You need to get the kit of parts as on the HFS-6.

Please ask as many questions as you want, this is the place to do it. Information-overload and just as bad as providing too little.