Thread: STI project car
View Single Post
Old 13-05-2005, 06:14 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetmrglock
1)2) i'm going to use the sti intercooler spray tank that's already in the trunk. i'd also consider adding an auxillary tank if it's necessary.
I think the sti tank is more than good enough to do the job. It holds about 4 litres of water? I think it also have a priming pump incorporated. It goes from the tank to the engine bay/screen bulkhead area via a 6mm rubber hose.

Quote:
will an aquamist system require the stock battery to be relocated? i was already considering replacing the stock battery with a smaller aftermarket battery (braille?) and moving it to the trunk.
If you are locating the aquamist pump on the cavilty of the firewall area (where the washer wiper motor is located), then you can leave the battery exactly where it is.

Quote:
4) correct me if i'm wrong but the injector location should be just ahead of the throttle body.
Ideally, you should locate the jet some distant away from the throttle but if you have a TMIC, you may consider putting one samll jet in front and one after the intercooler.

I have a suggestion - If the priming pump can be integrated with the system2d (via a repeater unit) so it actives when the map pump is working, you can save a great deal of work in running a long hose from the truck to the front of the car.

The existing intercooler sprayer can be activated noprmally but this time it trigger a second valve that releases pressurised water from the aquamist main manifold system.

You may need to change the factory water spray nozzle to a smaller aquamist type since the water pressure is no longer at 3 bar-ish but 7 bar.