View Single Post
Old 24-11-2017, 09:21 PM

Default Re: Nozzle spray angle...

IAT sensors are rather slow. We talk 10-30 second response times for most.
The reason you see the air temp dropping is largely due to evaporation of excess methanol covering the walls of your intake wall and internal surfaces of the SC. They take time to cool down. The fluid films rapildy evaporates closing the throttle. IATs drop further.

I would aim for the amount of mix you need to maximiye torque. The IAT for this is only of secondary importance.

Due to the many turns, there won|t be too many fine droplets of water left.
I would therefore expect even better power with more methanol. It is more tolerant regarding droplet size.
Try 50:50 by weight. This is more like 100:80 methanol to water by volume.
It will do its thing even as entering the chambers as big droplets or streams.

IAT correction mapping work well for me starting with -1 deg at 50, -3 at 60 and -5 at 70C and up.
Base timing with cold IATs was optimized on the road. On track, the only way to get heat into a CC system, I then adapted the IAT correction table to prevent knock at these higher IATs. Worted a treat. The car was charge cooled, so it would maintain low IATs for single pull.

I found direct port to be the most efficient knock surpression for a given amount of injected mix. It also prvented me from bothering with cooling effects of methanol on the sensor. I got fluctuations from liquid droplets on the sensor that then translated into timing fluctuations.

Last edited by rotrex; 24-11-2017 at 09:28 PM.