View Single Post
Old 02-03-2004, 12:36 PM

Hi Robbie -

I upgraded to the jackson powercard. That meant that I had to unhook the piggy injectors.. That meant that I had to tap the water injection into the stock fuel injectors.

The car does not bog down with the .4mm jet, it was bogging down when I was using the .8 or .9 jet.

I was advised by turboice or the forum admin on this site (can't remember which) that my water % should be about 3% - 8% of fuel. He said this because I am not replacing fuel with water. My fuel is set by the powercard at 12.8 - 13.3 under boost. I cannot change the map in the powercard.

He said (whoever "he" was) that because I was using the WI as an intercooler only and not leaning the fuel as I was adding water that I should be at 3 - 8 % water.

I was also advised by another that I should begin injecting at about 2psi. The car runs best injecting at 2psi; with a .4 or .5 jet and stock heat range plug.

I will be interested to hear your results. I have no way of measuring the air temp. I am first going to spend the money on a new clutch before the gauges.

This summer I will probably change the pulley on the sc to get to 9psi. The powercard handles fueling to 8psi. So, I will have to hook up at least one piggy injector. I have heard of people running 6 cyl cars to 10psi on water alone with good results.