View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 02:08 AM

Default Re: 2008 STi Port Injection

Hi Richard

Big change of plans on my side. The kit was originally purchased for install on a 2007 STi which subsequently got sold and replaced with a 2008 STi which this kit is going on right now.

For the placement of the pre-throttle jet, how much distance is required? I'm trying to avoid putting it infront of the bypass valve to prevent water ingestion on the intake.
As for the check valve, that has been included in my purchase. Given that I am using your new and shiny 6 port manifold, do I put the check valve closer to the manifold or the jet?

As for the restrictor on the FCM, which size would be more suitable given my current setup?

Cheers
Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard L View Post
This is some late install, more than a year old since the GB. It is better late than never.

4x 4mm jet in manifold and 1x 0.4mm before throttle. can the jet be further away from the throttle? With the FMIC, you can place the 0.4mm at the exit of the IC to allow better intercooling when the air and water is mixed earlier.

You will also need a check valve after the split between the 4-port manifold and the single jet. This arragement is to prevent water communtating between the engine vacuum (4 port) and the FMIC jet (non-vacuum).

Richard