waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Applications (making it work) > Gasoline Forced-Induction

Old 04-07-2007, 07:33 AM

Default Water injection (Spearco) set-up questions

Hello all,

I have a 1965 Ford mustang with a built 302 (Edelbrock performer rpm AL heads, hyd roller cam, full roller rockers, Holley 670 cfm carb, billet crank, B&M 144 supercharger, water pump is electric, only belt driven item is a 150 Amp alt., electric fuel pump, msd 6AL with trigger ignition, ~320 hp at crank @5500 rpm normally aspirated, ~410hp with supercharger at 4lbs boost @ 5200 rpm)

I am preparing to button it all up and start driving this car now (yes a daily driver), the motor is about 8.5:1 compression, and I plan on running 4-7 lbs of boost. I purchased an old Spearco water injection system (2 liter red bottle with 8 different nozzles), the kit had never been used and was still in the original box with warranty registration card, but no directions.

I have figured out how the pressure switch works and I can calibrate it with some low pressure gages and hand pumps I have around.

The question. If I run on 89 to 91 octane fuel (the best to be found here in Hawaii), at what boost pressure should I have the water/alky injector turn on?

I am thinking around 3-4 lbs of boost, but I am not sure and I would like some opinions.

Also, if anyone has a manual for the Spearco Inject-tronic system, would it be possible to get a scanned copy via email?

Thank you
Old 08-07-2007, 08:44 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

Spearco is now owned by Turbonetics, they might be able to help. It is a long time ago when this kit was made. I believe the system comprised of two washer pumps and producing about 30-40psi. A pressure switch triggers the system. Perhaps posting some pictures here and see if we can work out how things are connected together.