waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Applications (making it work) > Gasoline Forced-Induction

Old 07-07-2005, 11:49 PM

Default Blown Ford 302 + which WI system?

The car weighs about 3300 lb and the engine is a race-prepped Ford 302 V8 engine. The block is an aftermarket (Dart) 4-bolt main assembly capable of handling 1200 hp. The combo produces 744 fwhp and 600 ft-lbs of torque. Aluminum heads, iron block, forged dish pistons with 8.3:1 CR. The supercharger is an Opcon billet-cased twin-screw unit of 2.2L displacement. I would like to run boost between 15-20 psi. WI or intercooling is a necessity... cost of a WI unit is more affordable at this time in lieu of fabrication costs and time constraints. I have a full programmable engine management system which gives me control over timing curves, A/F ratios, and much more. Which Aquamist system is best suited to this application? Thanks in advance.
Old 09-07-2005, 12:21 AM

It would seem that the 2C system is ideal for interfacing with the ACT (air charge temp) sensor in the intake manifold. I'd need some help with building the breadboard to make the signal useable for the HSV, though.