waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Aquamist specific system Q and A and new products > Aquamist HFS-3 forum

Old 22-09-2011, 07:35 PM

Default Hydramist or HSF3 ?

I have a supercharged Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 and i'm using a Hydra EMS. I'm planning to buy a WI system shortly. And i want an Hydramist system, for quality, hsv, good failsafe and very nice gauge.

I'm hesitating between two products :

- the Hydramist from Element Tuning, which is an Aquamist kit prewired and pre configured to switch maps through DDS3's failsafe, and to control HSV though a 3D pwm table (load vs rpm) just like an injector ; It seems very cool and i know a kit has already been built for a tiburon like mine ; But it can be used only along with a Hydra EMS, it will not work on another car and without a Hydra, thus making it very hard to sell when i'll need to.

- or the Aquamist HSF3 (or HSF6 if necessary), as it seems it could be wired to the Hydra and controled by it quite easily. If i can get exactly the same functions as the hydramist easily with the HSF3 (or HSF6), i would also have much less trouble selling it later, as it would work with any other car, and whatever the EMS or oem ECU.

Your opinions ?
Old 22-09-2011, 08:16 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Default Re: Hydramist or HSF3 ?

The latest HFS-3 based hydramist is basically a HFS3 + a special harness to communicate with the hydra ECU. I think you shoudl go for the hydramist and perhaps sell it as an HFS-3 less the hydra harmness. Make sure it is the latest version HFS-3v2 with a black circuit board.
Old 23-09-2011, 03:15 AM

Thanks.

That harness is certainly quite simple, right ? DDS3's failsafe signal is wired to the Hydra's mapswitching input, and HSF3's injector signal input is wired to the Hydra's pwm output ?

If i'm right, that's two wires only... I can do that myself !
Old 23-09-2011, 07:40 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

Yes, that is just it.

Hydra requires the yellow wire (Map switch) and green wire (PWM spray control). But I have no knowledge which pin on the hydra those wires go to, Phil does that end of the harness.
Old 24-09-2011, 08:06 PM

Thanks for these infos. I know which pins have to be used on the Hydra so it should be ok.

In fact, my decision of buying HSF-3 instead of Hydramist is mainly because buying it from Aquamist (UK) will be faster and cheaper than from Element Tuning (USA).
Old 24-09-2011, 10:47 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

I don't know the cost of a hydramist. Don't forget, buying from Element will include technical suppprt as well, that alone must worth that extre few dollars.