waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Applications (making it work) > Gasoline Forced-Induction

Old 24-04-2006, 06:05 AM

Default Basic setup for supercharged rsx

A friend of mine who has a water/meth injected WRX suggested the aquamist 2d system. I have a fully programmable ecu with multiple nitrous control panels to take arming inputs and provide firing outputs while adding / removing fuel and ignition across the board. I am fairly interested in the 2d system since it seems to allow me to mirror my injector duty cycle basically getting a set ratio of water/meth to fuel.

Currently I have 550cc injectors, but when I do water injection, I will have already upgraded them to 650cc injectors (4 of them). I have a roots m62 (jackson racing) blower that will either be running anywhere from 7 - 11 psi uncooled. I will potentially add an aftercooler as well when it is available.

I am trying to find a general application guide for how I can determine what jet size to use along with what drop in boost I should expect with the cooling effect. Additionally, what kind of octane point increase would I be / could I be looking at. This would have to go in front of the blower in an intake tube. I'm currently tuned to about 11.5 - 11.7 in boost.

I guess I really don't know where to start. Many folks have used nitrous as a boost cooler and it does wonders for the charger, but I was hoping to end up with a water/meth solution.

Wayne
Old 01-06-2006, 11:55 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Start with 10 to 15% of water you fuel. 4x 650cc/min injector = 2600cc/min.

10% water is 260cc/min (0.6mm jet) and 15% will be 390cc/min (~ two 0.4mm jet) - (outside aquamist's pump maximum flow rate with out a priming pump). Putting a small 30cc accumulator will on the 2d will stretch the standard flow rate to 360cc/min/.