waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Applications (making it work) > Gasoline Forced-Induction

Old 30-09-2005, 08:20 PM

Default Nozzles and methanol..

Hi people

Have finally sorted out my siphoning problem thanks to Richard L.
The more I read about water injection on here the more complex it all seems.

I have an M45 roots blower at 7psi and a newly fitted Aquamist 1s system. Before the water injection was fitted the car made 170 bhp non-intercooled. I think I am going to need to use some Methanol over the winter.

For the power level I have described (1.6L with 205cc injectors at 85-90%duty cycle) which is the best nozzle to use? I am using the 0.5 currently. Ive read that they need to be switched up when using methanol.

I am mainly using the WI as a safety measure but would like to retard a little less ignition timing if I can. (currently pulling about 1 degree for every lb of boost)

Please advise.

Ben

Ben
Old 13-10-2005, 04:28 PM

From what I have read,the people local to me have been able to run more timing and more boost after installing thier WI kits.I also think that the Methanol will have an effect that keeps detonation suppressed so you may be able to add back in some timing?I am pretty new to this but I have added an wide band AFR meter,fuel psi,boost guage and will monitor KR with a scanner.you're right about the more I read the more complex tuning seems!I just want to avoid a tune that is so at the limit that I would depend on the WI to prevent engine damage.To me it is a balance between intake air cooling or the ability to run more timing/boost.good luck with your setup.---JA