waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Applications (making it work) > Gasoline Forced-Induction

Old 25-07-2007, 01:35 AM

Default Inline turbo six cylinder with six Aquamist nozzles Methanol

Hi,

I am wondering if you could run 6 Aquamist injectors with one Race pump? Or two or three pumps needed?

Any ideas on what size jets I would need?

I just want the distribution of Methanol to be equal between all cylinders.

I am looking to get 800 HP @ the wheels.

Is this a good idea or not really necessary?

Thank you.
Old 26-07-2007, 06:55 PM

Default Re: Inline turbo six cylinder with six Aquamist nozzles Meth

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's just a six
Hi,

I am wondering if you could run 6 Aquamist injectors with one Race pump? Or two or three pumps needed?

Any ideas on what size jets I would need?

I just want the distribution of Methanol to be equal between all cylinders.

I am looking to get 800 HP @ the wheels.

Is this a good idea or not really necessary?

Thank you.
Not sure about question 1
Your jet size(s) are determined by how many CC's your fuel injectors are pumping. Here is the thread on how to calculate Aquamist jet size by flow rate. http://www.aquamist.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=310
From what I have read around here, the best use is direct injection into your intake manifold. Using the jets between intake ports. Though IMO the full evaporation through the intake would ensure even distribution as well, just not as good of a cooling effect to the cylinders.
Are you boosted, supercharger, turbo? From all that I have read you won't gain HP like you would with a NOS shot. The knock will reduce dramatically allowing more timing advance to be added. I think 6 would overkill for sure.
Good luck!

Christian

Christian
Old 04-08-2007, 06:37 PM

Thanks for the response.
I saw a rally car on the internet that used two race pumps & Aquamist nozzels @ each intake port. Four total.

Just curious if that would be a good way to go for each intake on my inline six?
Old 04-08-2007, 08:09 PM

Best bet would be to buy their Shurflow based system (unless you can afford 2 or more pumps?), it`ll flow 2l a minute plus which is more than enough.

I ran 6 0.3mm jets on one race pump with a primer pump (450cc total), just swapped to a Shurflow pump with Aquamist fittings and added a 1mm jet on the rear post turbo and a 0.8mm jet on the front post turbo. Seems to be working well with 30meth/70water mix at approx 1.3l/min delivery rate.

I get the best of both world with this, plenty of charge cooling from the post turbo jets and then good knock control from the near direct port jets.

If you`re using pure methanol and it`s going to be a significant factor for fueling direct port is the only way to go, I`ve heard of people pumping in 2l/min methanol via direct port and having good results with it, but if you look around this forum it seems a huge quantity to inject.

I think you`ll have to specify you`re running 100%methanol if you order the Aquamist race pumps as different seals are needed.

You`ll also need good failsafes as the methanol is a fuel and if you have delivery problems you`ll be running lean.