waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Applications (making it work) > Gasoline Forced-Induction

Old 17-04-2006, 07:42 PM

Default System 2D and jet size/pump pressure flow question

Richard, hopefully you or someone can answer this for me. I am running the system 2d with two .5mm jets located at the exit of the two intercoolers on my Audi S4. I heard others running the same system on the same car running two .7mm jets so I am hoping I can upgrade the jets to larger .6mm or .7mm . Will the system 2D drive two .6 or .7mm jets as is or will i need to add additional hardware like a second pump or a second accumulator ?

Also is there a benefit to running real methanol mixture with distilled water 50/50 mix or will windscreen fluid be sufficient ?
Old 17-04-2006, 09:29 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

If you are running two 0.7mm jet without accumulator or push pump, you probably only see a small flow increase, 5-10% at most. When you add a small accumulator, the aquamist pump will instantly add anothe 10% of pressure and 10% flow, it is due to the "fly-wheel" effect, pressurised water is being stored during the exhause stroke and release duiring the pump's intake stroke. The accunulartor fdoes have to be very bigm anything over 20cc will do, this is due the rapid cycliing rate of the pump (50 times per second).

When you add methanol to water, you need to increase the jet size by one step or two, due to the lower latent heat of methanol. Adding a push pump see below:
http://www.aquamist.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=127

This is a very cost effective way to increase your flow and help the efficiency of the aquamist pump especially if you have the water tank in the trunk.
Old 17-04-2006, 09:41 PM

Thanks Richard, I might try the 2 .6mm first then go from there. Is it easy to add another accumulator to existing install ?
Old 17-04-2006, 10:03 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

It is very simple to add the following accumulator as below, take the blanking plug out and replace it with the 30cc accumulator.

http://www.aquamist.co.uk/sl/plist/p...0/806-410.html

You mentioned "second" accumulator, do you have one installed already?
Old 18-04-2006, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard L
It is very simple to add the following accumulator as below, take the blanking plug out and replace it with the 30cc accumulator.

http://www.aquamist.co.uk/sl/plist/p...0/806-410.html

You mentioned "second" accumulator, do you have one installed already?
yes, not sure if it is the 100cc acumulator, I thought I had the new smaller version.
Old 18-04-2006, 09:10 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

If you already have an accumulator, 2x 0.6mm is effective. Possibly a push pump will increase the efficiency of your system by a good margin, Here is a picture of the priming pump relay driver, currently available (not updated on the website), part number 806-500.

I don't think you need it until you move to 2x0.7mm and beyond.
Old 18-04-2006, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard L
If you already have an accumulator, 2x 0.6mm is effective. Possibly a push pump will increase the efficiency of your system by a good margin, Here is a picture of the priming pump relay driver, currently available (not updated on the website), part number 806-500.

I don't think you need it until you move to 2x0.7mm and beyond.
Thanks Richard, I always appreciate the help.
Old 18-04-2006, 09:53 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

If you any more water/methanol for future tuning, just email me at if need assistance: richard@aquamist.co.uk