waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Applications (making it work) > Gasoline Forced-Induction

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-03-2010, 10:39 AM

Default MP62 + 14GPH Nozzle?

This is my first post however I have been running a water/meth kit for a year now on my K24 (2.4liter) MP62 Jackson Racing Super Charged Integra. We have full standalone engine management to control activation, IGN, AFR, etc, so tuning is accounted for. I currently sit at 300whp and average around 7.5psi, OFF spray I have seen CDT's get as high as 190?F on my 'low boost' level compared to others.

I and several others until recently have been running 5GPH 315cc/min nozzles & 50/50 water/meth mix with hardly any power gains or drops in IAT's to show for it. Recently we have been advised to run a 14GPH nozzle and to our surprise they are seeing huge gains and CDT's around 100?F at over 14psi/17k RPM from the blower!

I am about to jump on the new band wagon and go with the 14gph nozzle as well before I throw on an insanely small pulley. Hardly anyone that I have seen online is running such a large nozzle on similar setups and this makes me wonder if there is finally a downside to so much spray. A friend of mine brought up the issue of possible oil contamination and this is pretty much my only concern that I can think of.

Yes, I realize that this goes against 99% of suggestions and w/m nozzle calculators online which are NOT taking into account we are spraying before the blower and the temps that we are dealing with. I KNOW that 5gph is too little this is not an issue.

The mixture is obviously doing a great job at cooling and boosting octane, are my concerns valid?