waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Aquamist specific system Q and A and new products > Aquamist HFS-3 forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-09-2010, 05:27 AM

Default HFS 3 + compustar remote starter = CEL and more...

Hi,

2009 WRX 5 spd mt

Just installed this system and am working on troubleshooting the following issue.

When I set the remote start sequence (pull ebrake and feet off of clutch and brake) and then switch off the ignition the following occurs:

CRUISE light blinks
Traction control turns off
CEL - error code P2045. "Turbocharger Wastegate Solenoid "A" - Low"

ECU must be reset to eliminate the code and to be able to use the cruise control. ( I use cobb AP)

Aside from the dash lights, everything else with the remote start works just fine.

I am certain it is an easy override, but need a little input to make sure i don't screw something else up. My best guess is since the HFS failsafe is set to dump boost and is wired to ECU accordingly. While the car is powered the circuit to the boost solenoid is continuous, but when power to HFS control board is turned off, so is that signal.

Would adding a relay to this be able to bypass the HFS control board so that the ECU doesn't know the difference?

What kind of amp level relay should I use?

How should I connect the relay? Which poles to use and how do I wire it so that it closes the circuit when power to the HFS board is cut?

Thanks!
-Steve / ICY WRX