waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Applications (making it work) > Gasoline Forced-Induction

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15-01-2013, 01:22 PM

Question Smart injection

Hello,
I'm very interested in installing an Aquamist3 system on my Smart fortwo using a 50/50 mix. I am having a hard time determining my injector sizes and therefore nozzle size. The figures I've found about my injectors(148cc/min) do not seem to be credible when compared to an injector size calculator which suggests a flow rate of around 280cc/min per injector would be required for my engine to work as it does.

The 698cc engine currently runs a revised intake, filter, plumbing, bigger turbo and motorsport type exhaust and remap. Peak torque is generated at around 3500 and maximum hp is dynoed at around 97hp at 6200rpm. 3.8bar fuel regulator, Maximum boost is 1.49bar. The car is OBD II
The car has a small intercooler stuffed in above the engine that relies on a small scoop and fan. It is possible to hit manifold air temps of 70C in a very short time, heat soak is a big problem.

Ideally I would like to experiment with pre turbo injection with an eye to perhaps doing away with the intercooler altogether? The problem this presents is the tiny size of the turbo and being able to position a nozzle close within the tapered TIK without it being a huge obstruction; I have seen a beautiful picture on this forum of a subminature injector posted by Richard L.

Perhaps I would be better off using a two jet system as evaporating everything pre turbo may be problematic, that is if I can get nozzles small enough for my meager engine?
Using one post intercooler and one pre turbo but about a foot away from the turbo (some blade erossion is not a big issue as they can be changed for a lot less than the big boy's ones, lol.

The goal is for a full time on boost system with fail safe and mapping and hopefully to rebuild the engine with greater compression and improved components to take maximum advantage of the injection after a more complete understanding of it has been gained.

Any help welcome, please bear in mind I'm not a rocket scientist like some of you but learn quickly.

Cheers!

Lucian

Last edited by Kapt. Q; 16-01-2013 at 08:28 AM. Reason: spelling