waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Applications (making it work) > Gasoline Forced-Induction

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23-02-2004, 12:58 PM

Default Help with choosing an aquamist setup....

Ive been quite keen on an aquamist setup for a while now but have heaps of questions and not finding many answers. Ive just found this board so maybe someone can help shed some light on things for me.

My car is a 1990 twin turbo nissan 300zx with about 500kw at the crank. Runs 550cc injectors, twin air intake, twin throttle bodies. Has a motec m800 ECU thats just getting installed.

What I want to do is have a set of maps the motec will run with advanced timing and leaner fuel while it drives the water injection and also so it cuts back to normal maps if it senses that no water is flowing through the jets.

So my questions are really based on what do I need? I have been told the aquamist pump itself is not up to the task and fails easily, I was told to get a sureflow 100psi pump. Have their been any recent changes in the pump design? Are the high speed valves what I need to run the injection of the water, if so do I need two or just one running before splitting between two jets? Do these act like a fuel injector and can the flow rate be controlled by the motec? How do I get it to feedback if there is no flow or no water, by pressure switch? Lastly what size jets do I need?

Any advice appreciated.