waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Theory (what it is and what it does) > General Effects

Old 02-02-2006, 02:41 PM

Mine knocked at about 17psi and I took out no timing at all and have only had it to 21 psi and the difference is incredible. Im running a 2 gallon tank on the street with a pump that shuts itself off (at 100~110 psi) and comes on at 60~70 psi. I set up a pressure sensor between one of the solenoids and the outlet misting nozzel, this pressure switch activates a solenoid that lets me have anything over 16 psi. When this pressure is absent (from and empty tank, a broken pump, a low WI tank) the pressue switch shuts down my boost to a safe level. With a supercharger you could hook up a low level sensor in the tank to switch a solenoid that would open a huge BOV on the other side of the throttlebody, or turn on a BIG RED light. Im really not sure what you could do to make it 100% safe for you.

I have never run a road course with this setup but if its just a track day you might want to decide to call it a day once the tank runs out and adjust the size accordingly. You wont have a good idea of how long the tank will last until you are able to run it at race conditions.

BTW keep reading, on WI you will find fuel is a very poor intercooler, and its probably hurting your HP more than you think. 15 psi on a 4.6 liter should be way into the 500 rwhp range.