waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Applications (making it work) > Gasoline Forced-Induction

Old 11-09-2007, 02:10 PM

Default Help needed....

Hi, seriously considering a WI setup on my car but have a few questions, please help

I have TRD Supercharged 3.0ltr V6 MK2 MR2. It's got a TRD roots style supercharger and the 3ltr V6 is out of a Camry. Pics.....

The problem I have is over heating. After 20-30 mins the engine gets to a certain temp and the ECU throws it's toys out the pram and enters safe mode, AFM maxing out at full open throttle. To sort this I'm having a Hydra Nemesis ECU fitted and be map sensored but the heat will still be a problem mainly becuase of all the internal/head work (and the blower of course) thats been done.

Main question is will the 2C set up work with a roots style blower as there doesn't seem to be any where I can add the mixture as it will literally be Air filter - ISCV - Supercharger - Bang . If it is possible, will I need any thing extra to what comes with the kit?

She's running 267bhp at the moment (at 2psi) but will be around 350-380ish once the new ECU goes on and I'm adding a smaller pulley (6.5psi) when the ECU goes on aswell so the heat is only going to get worse as the SC will be spinning a LOT faster! The WI kit is the only way forward I can see for this as an IC or CC is just not an option because it's a roots blower..!!!

Thanks in advance for your help.....

Lee
Old 13-09-2007, 09:35 PM

No one can help me then...????
Old 19-09-2007, 01:12 PM

So what nozzle locations have got available then?
Even before the SC might be considered perhaps.

PS
3lt supercharged MR2, that's going to be a beast :wink:

John

www.max-boost.co.uk
Old 27-09-2007, 10:12 AM

The only nozzle location I have is on the ISCV (red item with TRD sticker on it just after the throttle body). This would mean it is pre supercharger.

Would that be ok?
Old 27-09-2007, 11:00 AM

If it were my engine, I'd fit a small nozzle there first (say 0.4mm), activating it a few psi before maximum boost and watch for the results.
Then perhaps experiment with activating a bit earlier (still under boost) and using a bigger nozzle.

The difference in SC discharge temperatures might be quite interesting . Just make sure that atomisation is good, you want a fine mist to be evenly spread.

John

www.max-boost.co.uk