waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Water/Methanol database on specific model of cars > Your one-stop search for water/methanol injected cars

Old 11-01-2006, 07:20 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

I have just read the post on the other forum.

I don't know what has happened. It appeared that this was a short somewhere and cause some ECU malfunction. I wonder if you can unplug the battery for an hour or so to reset the ECU. But your window circuit may need hardware attention. Resetting theECU is your first priorirt.

Richard

PS I stay tune and any update. You have some diagnostic software, would it work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWarner
Sorry Richard - I haven't been able to get those figures to you as my car has been of the road with a major electrical fault. Maybe you can help with your knowledge of electrics? See this post for more info:
http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=244956
Old 12-01-2006, 07:33 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

I got on to the Migweb forum and gather that you have cured your electrical problem - all cuased bya loose earth terminal.

Well done.

So when will you be free to advance our little project?
Old 12-01-2006, 07:54 PM

Whenever really. I can get a day off, or do a saturday if you want. Are you going to book a rolling road to check it all out or will we just test the system works for now? I look forward to it.
Old 12-01-2006, 11:36 PM

You will have to let me know the result. Got a R/R day on feb 25th and would like to have that bit more power for my mods ! :wink: Hope it all go's well.
Old 13-01-2006, 12:52 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

I will organise the rolling going for you.

We must get the converter installed and check all its non-conversion mode switched on. I need you to get familiar with lambda readings over a short period (bargraph).

I am happy with the coming Saturday or any week day next week, just let me know.

Richard

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWarner
Whenever really. I can get a day off, or do a saturday if you want. Are you going to book a rolling road to check it all out or will we just test the system works for now? I look forward to it.
Old 13-01-2006, 11:15 AM

Richard if all goes well, I will be interested in aquiring this converter, will you be marketing it ? How much will it cost ?
Old 13-01-2006, 12:53 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelf
Richard if all goes well, I will be interested in aquiring this converter, will you be marketing it ? How much will it cost ?
I am not sure if this item is going to be manufactured, need to test the effectiveness first.

The cost will be low since there are no power switching components and no mechanical parts, just purely signal processing. Propbaly packaged with a WI system as a bundled kit. It has to be a car specific as we can't market it as a universal converter.

The reason why I went this route was our user has to pay a noticeable fee for some tuning company to access their ECU juist to take some fuel off in order to get the best out of WI.

In most cases, the tuner is reluctant to do it because the risk of running the engine too lean in absence of WI even a "failsafe" mechanism is available at hand.

Mike was a fine example. Without looking into the reason for loosing power, most people will just put the loss due to WI and not because the water was wetting the sensor causing it to run pig rich etc.

The first 30-50 horse power is quite easy to extract from a factory turbo car. But unfortunately by the time people considering WI as a power adder, most of the flow capacity to make power is used up. This is the reason why WI has never received a fair fight on the power game.

I hope that one day we can turn this around and see if anyone can extract more power from a set up after WI is fully exploited. It will be interesting. I hope by looking into supplying a tuning tool with WI (as with the converter), people may consider WI as their first tuning step.

Richard
Old 13-01-2006, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard L
It has to be a car specific as we can't market it as a universal converter.
Richard
Thats ok, mines an Astra zlet engine, the same as Mikes.
Old 13-01-2006, 06:15 PM

Is it not possible to allow a controlled volume of unmetered air enter the inlet tract after the AFM, to lean up the mixture when WI is activated ? Filtered obviously.

Surely you must be able to calculate a fixed diameter opening to weaken the mixture by a known percentage, which would be opened by a selonoid triggered by the WI circuitry ?

Say for example

5mm = 5%
7mm = 10%
9mm = 15% etc
Old 13-01-2006, 06:26 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Hello Gelf,

I am sure it is possible to do it. It is not easy for me to test the method machanically as it requires some intense flow calculation and then machine something out to do it - the flow through a irregular path of a solenoid is quite complicated.

It is simplier for me to alter the electrial signal of the MAF.

Richard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelf
Is it not possible to allow a controlled volume of unmetered air enter the inlet tract after the AFM, to lean up the mixture when WI is activated ? Filtered obviously.

Surely you must be able to calculate a fixed diameter opening to weaken the mixture by a known percentage, which would be opened by a selonoid triggered by the WI circuitry ?

Say for example

5mm = 5%
7mm = 10%
9mm = 15% etc