waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Aquamist specific system Q and A and new products > Aquamist HFS-4 forum

Old 24-04-2012, 05:48 PM

Default Re: HFS-4 Q&A, application for your engine...

Hi Richard,
thinking about the HFS4 on my Audi S3 2.0 TFSI. Trying to get the max out of my stock turbo before I go BT. It has all the bits and bolts apart from an IC and a big turbo.
Any wiring/installation info I can look at?
Trying to find out the pros and cons against your competition... (snow performance, AEM, etc)
Old 24-04-2012, 07:55 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

I don't have S3 2.0 TFSI ecu pinout diagram to make a HFS-4 wiring diagram. If you know anyone who has one, please give me a link. It will only take me an afternoon.

For Pro and Con, please read here.
Old 24-04-2012, 08:08 PM

richard,

i'm looking to go speed density and run the hfs4 on my 08 wrx. i was wondering when folks are running meth/water with a fmic where the IAT and jets are placed.

typically you want the jets as close to the outlet of the core as possible.

but i believe it has also been advised that you want the IAT sensor prior to the jets spraying water/meth and ideally in the intake manifold.

do you have any subarus or setups in general running speed density and could perhaps comment on the optimal setup given my application?

thanks!
Old 24-04-2012, 11:55 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Looks like you are really serious.

You will be using an aftermarket controller. In this case, it doesn't really matter where you place the IAT sensor, you can compensate the temperature variation by mapping. It can also be used as a failsafe.

Hydramist from element tuning is one of the SD system that runs successfully for many years. TRy to make contact with Phil, the owner of Element tuning at MD. He should have some base maps for water injection.
Old 25-04-2012, 02:38 AM

i suppose i am serious, haha.

i'm not certain what you mean by an aftermarket controller. i will be tuned on the stock ECU via the cobb accessport and speed density.

thank you for the note about IAT sensor placement and compensation via the temperature variation in mapping.

i'm really familiar with phil and have worked with him in the past (or tried to) and unfortunately have never had a positive experience.

i am getting tuned by IAG/Jorge in Westminster, MD. i suppose, if he has any questions i'll refer him to your responses to my query.

thank you!
Old 25-04-2012, 08:33 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

I didn't know there is an alternative to MAF on the Subaru/cobb platform.It is good to know.

What is the range of the MAP sensor used? Jorge can email me anytime [richard at aquamist.co.uk].
Old 25-04-2012, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard L View Post
I didn't know there is an alternative to MAF on the Subaru/cobb platform.It is good to know.

What is the range of the MAP sensor used? Jorge can email me anytime [richard at aquamist.co.uk].
yes, cobb released their SD platform at the beginning of the year to several tuning shops nationwide (USA). since then, support and the tuner base and success has been growing. here is one of their press release threads on nasioc with the details (http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=2297088).

it depends on which MAP you use to determine the range and resolution one is going to receive. typically the limiting stock MAP (~23psi) is replaced with an omni 4bar or an AEM 3.5bar MAP sensor.

thank you for the email, i'll provide it to my tuner in case he needs assistance come tuning.
Old 25-04-2012, 04:48 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

I am a bit behind with the subaru tunung tool.

What MAP sensor are you using on your car. The HFS-4 has 2 or 3 bar option. The V1.1 (release this May. SN ~121101 on) will have 2.5 or 3.5 bar option instead.
Old 25-04-2012, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard L View Post
I am a bit behind with the subaru tunung tool.

What MAP sensor are you using on your car. The HFS-4 has 2 or 3 bar option. The V1.1 (release this May. SN ~121101 on) will have 2.5 or 3.5 bar option instead.
i'm using the AEM 3.5bar on the build.

so i guess you're saying that i won't be able to interface with the HFS4 and the blue wire unless i use a 2/3bar MAP sensor?

do you know if AEM or GM make a 3bar for subarus even if it requires some adaption for the GR/GH/GE?

i didn't realize the limitation of the MAP sensor reading capabilities of the HFS4. i'm very glad you're here.
Old 25-04-2012, 06:06 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

It is not a problem. we can re-configured the controller to take the 3.5 bar map sensor or 5 bar map sensor, just need you to return the board to me. Unless you are planning to run 36psi, the 3-bar map sensor configuration on your current circuit biard is just as good.

See page 21. All factory setting is for 0-5V absolute sensor. The blue wire can be used for other sensors such as MAF, TPS, etc.