waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Applications (making it work) > Gasoline Forced-Induction

Old 05-08-2005, 10:04 PM

The supra will spin like a bitch most likely :lol:

I may ask Abbey what they charge per hour on their dyno. It might be cheaper on a 2WD and it's a hub dyno, so no need to strap the car and no wheelspin either (much more repeatable figures)

John

www.max-boost.co.uk
Old 05-08-2005, 11:06 PM

That is really nice.
Old 05-08-2005, 11:13 PM

I have a 4 temp data logger now, using it for cooling stack air flow mods, and increasing CAC function. I would love to try something like this. While I have a garrett, no doubt they all have different inlet dimensions. Would that prove impractical? I am totally willing to test.
Old 05-08-2005, 11:14 PM

PS where is all that data logging that gelf (I think) did?
Old 06-08-2005, 05:18 AM

I worry about what the 4mm line will do inside the intake. I mean the hose is not very areodynamic itself. Do you plan on running the line next to the inside wall of the intake?

Nice job on that jet holder by the way!

-Craig
Old 06-08-2005, 09:04 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterp2
I have a 4 temp data logger now, using it for cooling stack air flow mods, and increasing CAC function. I would love to try something like this. While I have a garrett, no doubt they all have different inlet dimensions. Would that prove impractical? I am totally willing to test.
If the theory works well, I am going to develop it further. At present, we just use an extra clip to hold the bracket in place. The OD of the bracket can be machined to match the OD of the turbo flange.

At present we just see what the set up can achieve to further the turbo's capability, it is stuck at about 790bhp (twin turbo) at 2 bar. Higher pressure ratio (3 bar) produced less power.

We shall see.
Old 06-08-2005, 09:10 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmtuned
I worry about what the 4mm line will do inside the intake. I mean the hose is not very areodynamic itself. Do you plan on running the line next to the inside wall of the intake?

Nice job on that jet holder by the way!

-Craig
Not sure what to do yet with the 4mm line, the bracket will only serve to obtain some results on the dyno. I think the 4mm line will exit the inlet tract a little way towards the air filter.

I am sure it will flap around but when the line is pressured at 7 bar, it become quite stiff. Ideally the water channel can be incorporated into one of the fins of the bracket.
Old 12-08-2005, 09:44 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Made some more improvements.

Old 13-08-2005, 11:20 AM

That's a beautiful bit of machining, but I'm a little concerned about the stiffness of those three mounting fins. I would guess there is plenty of vibration to excite them, and if it hits resonance at any point I could see the whole lot dropping into the turbo. It looks as if you have space to make the fins two or three times deeper (axially) and this would strengthen and stiffen them immensely. It would also give you the opportunity to give them a more streamlines teardrop cross section if you wanted.
Old 13-08-2005, 12:23 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenv8s
That's a beautiful bit of machining, but I'm a little concerned about the stiffness of those three mounting fins. I would guess there is plenty of vibration to excite them, and if it hits resonance at any point I could see the whole lot dropping into the turbo. It looks as if you have space to make the fins two or three times deeper (axially) and this would strengthen and stiffen them immensely. It would also give you the opportunity to give them a more streamlines teardrop cross section if you wanted.
I was surprised how strong those rails are, you can't move them very easily with your fingeres. I do see your point when it hits resonance (not sure when) it will cause it great distress.

The rail will be much thicker when the cutting tools arrive next week, it will be in tear drop shape. At present, we use what tool we have available.

The rails are 2.5mm thick 4mm tall. When we are putting the water way inside one of them, it will be around 3mm x 6mm tall. We have plenty of room to do that as you mentioned.

This quick job was for just one dyno test next week to see how if it can puch the turboes beyond its bottle neck at just under 790HP at the wheels (twin turbo set up).

If it does, we will invest more time on it.