waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Applications (making it work) > Gasoline Forced-Induction

Old 19-10-2014, 09:39 PM

Default Proximity of nozzles to MAF

I'm trying to figure out where to mount my nozzles on my turbocharged FRS. My MAF is only ~ 4 inches from the throttle body, and in order to have my nozzles clear the silicone coupler on my throttle body, I would have to position the nozzles ~ 1.5 inches away from the MAF.

Everyone online seems to agree you can't inject pre MAF, and everyone simply suggests injecting post MAF to avoid meth getting on the sensor. How far post stream is far enough though?

Given that the air is rushing towards the throttlebody during WOT, I guess the injected liquid would be unlikely to spray directly onto the MAF in this configuration, but I'm not sure if there'd be any mist that would cause any harm with the two being so close.
Old 27-10-2014, 01:40 AM

Default Re: Proximity of nozzles to MAF

4" is going to be too close. There are a lot of factors @ play here in a blow through set-up. One thing that is key is to shut off the nozzles asap and to eliminate drip.

I'd say @ an absolute minimum, to keep the mix from tagging your sensor you are going to need 12" of length in between the nozzles and sensor.

If you can tap the throttle body after the plate or go with a direct injection set-up, that will save you some serious headaches, imo.