waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Aquamist specific system Q and A and new products > Aquamist HFS-6 forum

Old 24-04-2010, 03:37 AM

Default Yellow Gauge led during WOT

Have a question I am hoping someone can answer. I purged my system and refilled my tank and now having an issue and trying to narrow it down.

My 0.9 jet broke when trying to put it back in due to corrosion from the system sitting for 6 months over winter so I removed the brass inner and put it in another jet sleeve.

Things were good for a few WOT pulls and now getting boost cut and it is obvious boost is outside the fail safe range. I am assuming that either the jet or something is plugged by debris and not getting the right amount of water pressure or the swapping of the brass inner has made the flow incorrect compared to the original.

Q- If I do a flow test at 100% will the gauge display if I am outside the fail safe parameters with the yellow led?

Q- Is there a way to determine if pressure is above or below the fail safe settings?

Thanks
Mark
Old 24-04-2010, 06:12 AM
Howerton Engineering

Default Re: Yellow Gauge led during WOT

Question 1: Maybe

Question 2: The bargraph should be showing what is going on.

Put the jet in a container, like a 500ml water bottle, and put in test for 1 minute. Measure how much is there and look at the jetting charts.

To tell if it's the low failsafe limit. Get in a high gear and very lightly roll on the throttle. If the bargraph moves and the yellow light comes on it's probably the low setting.

The gauge should have been set for 6 of 8 bars when initially configured. If it's hitting 8 bars then it has a leak.
Old 24-04-2010, 07:12 PM

Default Re: Yellow Gauge led during WOT

Pulled the system apart and found on the in port of the flow module a jacket from a 14awg wire about 2mm long. This would cause a reduced flow for sure, I have no idea how it got in there.

Now when doing the test without the jet in I get over 100% flow and with the jet in I get 3 bars 50% flow so I will try a test drive out later. This should be the issue I am hoping.