waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Aquamist specific system Q and A and new products > Aquamist HFS-6 forum

Old 24-05-2009, 11:03 PM
Howerton Engineering

Default Re: Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK_
I also wanted to get some opinions about my tank choice.

Would that type of tank be good? Can you guys think of any downsides to using that tank?

As it says on their website "This tank will prime EVERY TIME without fail because the pump and tank are ALWAYS in the same position and only 1 inch of hose is between the pump and tank!"

Let me know what you guys think.
We have used those tanks quite a bit in the past and have begun to move away from them. The issue with them is they slosh quite a bit due to the design. If you mount it sideways in the car, the fluid just runs up and down the "U" shape as you accelerate and decel. Likewise, if you mount it front to back, the fluid runs side to side in cornering. I'm not sure how you would baffle it as it is quite hard to get anything through the small filler neck. For the customers that have it, our best recommendation is to keep it half full or so to minimize sucking of air into the system.
Old 28-05-2009, 03:41 PM

Hello HFS-6 freinds ,

I have been reading allmost anything the past 2 years about WI and got a pretty good insight how it works and why it would be good on a rotary, but it was thank's to this thread I at last bought a kit, and what a luck, Aquamist was about to launch their new HFS-6 WI and I was in the group buy ! I got the kit 5 days ago and I can only say, it looks promising ;o) I have spoken to Richard a couple of times and he is a very clever guy who knows everything about WI but he still has something to learn about the rotary he says, so he would be very happy if people who actually have installed WI on their rotary would post pic's/comments/bennefits and installation writeups about how people run it in their rotaries ! I have promissed him to give him a lot of feedback about how my installation/experience with the HFS-6 kit goes, right now I am just trying to figure out where to start ! maybe you guys could help me a little ;o)

1. Where is the best place to install the injector noozle ?
2. Should I use 1 or 2 ? (I think I can adjust the flow of the injectors from the controller)
3. I plan to use the washer tank, is it big enough and where would a good place for the pump be ?
4. If better use a trunk tank, any suggestions (pic's/installations)
5. Where to place the controller module/flow module/DDS3 gauge and how to run the wiring ?

Here is the specs for my car:

13B, rebuilt stage 2 modification stock twin turbo, Greddy intercooler, KOYO radiator, Blitz sonic power intake, Downpipe Pettit , Midpipe Pettit, Racing Beat catback, removed air pump, removed secondary valves, Boost Controller Greddy Profec B-Spec 2, Apexi Power FC (already tuned), Apexi Power FC Commander

Low boost is set to 0,6 High boost is set to 0,9 ( Dyno, see picture)

The car will mostly be a dayli driver but will be at trackdays once a while, I know it's a lot of questions, but I really hope you guys will help me, thank you very much.

Rene Barfred
DENMARK

Old 11-06-2009, 02:18 PM

Does anyone have install pictures on the EVO VIII or IX? Thanks. -Jeremy
Old 11-06-2009, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvolutionAte
I only have pictures of the hsf-1 in my evo 8

but :twisted: I might be installing a hsf-6 this month or next depending on when the guy gets the rest of his parts that will be used with meth injection :wink:
Old 12-06-2009, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesside
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvolutionAte
I only have pictures of the hsf-1 in my evo 8

but :twisted: I might be installing a hsf-6 this month or next depending on when the guy gets the rest of his parts that will be used with meth injection :wink:
Ok, great, any help will be great as this will be my first install. Not in a big hurry on mine as I am still saving for the new tune that will be required. I am curious to see how guys will be mounting things in the engine compartment and how they will be routing lines from the trunk. I was thinking about routing the hose from the pump along the brake lines underneath the car (I have seen other trunk mount systems this way and it looks very clean) and routing the wires through the passenger compartment along the doors. Also looking at using a one gallon fuel cell which will be vented externally. I am also curious about the best way to vent the fuel cell externally.
Old 13-06-2009, 07:25 AM

I put an AEM kit we had laying around into our evo x for a time attack. Worked out pretty well using the stock 1gal washer tank, which is in the trunk. With two big jets we were close to empty after every session though. I think our evo would be much happier with an HFS-6. I've also put a snow kit in an evo x, but no aquamists in any evos.

Anyway, this is for hfs-6 install pictures. Tomorrow I'll be finishing up an install in an 04 STi. It's a little different than how I usually do them because he has the stock turbo and top mount and we're using the stock IC sprayer tank instead of a spec-c 12l dealie. I could really use a few 0.4mm jets. I'm just going to use one jet before the throttle body but it would be nice to put a smaller one before the IC. I think the pump will also stay at 120psi and I'm using a 0.9mm restrictor. That should work I think.
Old 16-06-2009, 07:05 AM

um
Old 16-06-2009, 07:05 AM

something's not working here

ok nevermind here we go:
Old 16-06-2009, 07:06 AM

Here's another hfs-6 installation:

The car is a stage 2 04 sti. We put on some parts a few weeks ago and tuned it on 91. Last week the car came in for the HFS-6 and I got to work.

Here's my nice shiny table of nice shiny parts:

Since this car has the stock turbo and is using a fairly small tank, I left the pump at 120psi, went with a single 1mm jet, and put a 0.9mm restrictor in the flow unit:

So anyway to install these things I tend to tear apart most of the interior:

Which left me with this pile of stuff:

This installation uses the stock STi intercooler spray tank, which is about 1 gallon. I mounted the pump to this flat piece of aluminum, which has tapped holes and bolts right to the chassis:

I wanted to tuck the pump in behind the tank, but I couldn't come up with a good way to do it and keep the pump inlet low enough to prevent priming issues.

For the level sensor I soldered the aquamist connector to the stock float:

On GDs, I like to run the meth line up the driver's side with the fuel rails since there are clips to hold it in place:

The wiring to the pump and tank goes up the passenger side since I'm putting the control unit in the glove box, and there is also a convenient place to route the wiring.

It was also nice that a previous owner had cut a hole into his glove box at some point.

It was not nice that someone had done this to the ECU harness:

Some soldering and electrical tape fixed things up:

In the engine bay it was a little tough mounting the flow control unit, but I ended up doing pretty much the same thing as the last time:

Here's the jet in the intercooler:

Here's the control unit in the glove box:

Here's the gauge:

And hey, everything worked on the first try:

I put everything back together and cleaned up the trunk area:

And then it was time for tuning:

Final numbers were 350 hp and 400 lb-ft at the wheelsl.
Old 16-06-2009, 08:26 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

Jamal, another impressive install, very nice.

Putting in the 0.9mm jet allows some scaling on the 1mm jet. There are plenty of capacity left in the system, ready for a bigger turbo in the future.

May I put the same links on other site on your behalf?