waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Aquamist specific system Q and A and new products > Aquamist HFS-6 forum

Old 17-05-2009, 02:49 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Default HFS-6 rev.1: known issues and technical helps

The thread is dedicated for discussing and known issues and technical assistance foer the end users. Please try to post any problem encountered so we can address or modified the HFS-6 for past, present and future.

Please contribute.
Old 17-05-2009, 03:03 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Default HFS-6 fittings issues...

A number of systems installed have experienced line leakage, on further investigations we have found the wrong fitting has been used on the pressurised side of the pump. The user manual has shown an "incorrecty" drawn diagram showing a "push-fit" fitting is used on the output side of the water pump (on the 5-port manifold).

Here is an updated diagram, with components marked in red.

Old 17-05-2009, 03:06 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Default HFS-6 harness issues

I would also like to add another oversight of the RJ plugs. Not all harnesses have this defect. Please clear the overhang with a small knife or return the harness to us.

Old 17-05-2009, 03:22 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Default HFS-6 Water filter debris management

This recommendation would not apply if the water filter is installed in the horizontal orientation.

If the inline disc is installed in a vertical position, it would be advatagous for inlet to be located at the bottom and water exit at the top. This will avoid debris from settling on the filter mesh and cause premature clogging.

Old 17-05-2009, 04:02 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Default HFS-6 minimise water ingression.

If wire leading the the FCM (flow control module) is at a higher level then the module, it would be advisable to create a small downward loop to allow any water trickling along the line working its way into the FCM.

Old 20-06-2009, 12:51 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

I have been informed by aquatec the pump pressure is set to 160psi in "dead head" condition. This means when there is flow, say around 1000cc/min, the pressure will drop down to ~120-125psi.

In order to reset the pressure to 160psi at 1000cc/min. You need to adjust the set screw (on the pumphead) with an allen key (1/16") as follows:
Wind in the screw (clockwise) until you hear a click. Then re-wind (counter-clockwise) 1 complete turn. This sets the system pressure to 160psi.

Future HFS-6 delivery will have a supplimentary insert in the user manual, instructing the above. Apologise for the noticing this earlier due to some mis-communication between Aquatec and us.
Old 21-06-2009, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard L
I have been informed by aquatec the pump pressure is set to 160psi in "dead head" condition. This means when there is flow, say around 1000cc/min, the pressure will drop down to ~120-125psi.

In order to reset the pressure to 160psi at 1000cc/min. You need to adjust the set screw (on the pumphead) with an allen key (1/16") as follows:
Wind in the screw (clockwise) until you hear a click. Then re-wind (counter-clockwise) 1 complete turn. This sets the system pressure to 160psi.

Future HFS-6 delivery will have a supplimentary insert in the user manual, instructing the above. Apologise for the noticing this earlier due to some mis-communication between Aquatec and us.
Hi Richard :smile:

So this means one has to do this before setting up the system and installing it ?? I was in the groupbuy, so I guess my pump will have this treatment ? thank's.

Rene
DENMARK
Old 21-06-2009, 06:27 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Yes, you need to reset the pump pressure. All future system wuill have to do the same, but we will put a separate note with the user manual.

I wish I can get this resolved with Aquatec very soon. My biggest problem is the pump is re-packed into the kit in the state, our importer is not very mechanically minded. I will do my best to ask them to do it before repacking.

But all UK kit will be set correctly as from July/August.
Old 03-07-2009, 05:48 AM

Richard,

What is the purpose of setting pressure at 160 vs. 120 psi? Also, I am runnning the HFS-6 for my supercharger and I notice that when the flow is on engine idle fluctuates (today the fluctuation even shut off the engine while in park). Is it injecting too much water in the engine? What would your recommendation be? Thanks in advance.
Old 03-07-2009, 07:05 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

There is no particular reason to run 160psi if you are only boosting to 20-30psi. Some drag racers run in excess of 50-psi of manifold pressure. The previous model (HFS-5) ran 125psi, we have no request for higher pressure.

It just happen that the new Aquatec pump is user adjustable to run beyong 120ppsi and is pressure setting is accessable to the users.