waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Aquamist specific system Q and A and new products > Aquamist HFS-6 forum

Old 08-10-2010, 05:46 PM

Default Re: Map Switch fail - configure for ground activation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howerton Engineering View Post
At what frequency is it switching back and forth? Is the "B" light at the end of the gauge bargraph switching at the same frequency?
I didn't notice - I will check again after I grab lunch. This was just with the car idling so I wasn't getting into boost or anything.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:59 PM
Howerton Engineering

I certainly shouldn't do that while idling. The relay contacts you are are tied to are reflected in the "B" light at the end of the gauge when the failsafe is activated. If it is switching you would certainly hear the clicking in the controller. Put a light across it and see if the light blinks.

Maybe the ground the wire is connected to not stable? Just an idea.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howerton Engineering View Post
I certainly shouldn't do that while idling. The relay contacts you are are tied to are reflected in the "B" light at the end of the gauge when the failsafe is activated. If it is switching you would certainly hear the clicking in the controller. Put a light across it and see if the light blinks.

Maybe the ground the wire is connected to not stable? Just an idea.
Jeff - is this the lead coming from the flow control module? Or is it one the yellow CAT5 cable? I didn't hear any relay clicking on the unit at all. I hear the the unit click when I press the button to turn the gauge on, but while the ECU is saying MAP1/MAP2/MAP1/MAP2 etc, nothing is clicking. I will check my grounds and everything. I am also going to go check to see if I manually ground the pin I am hooked to whether or not it stays in MAP1 or MAP2.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:04 PM

Ok - just cut the lead and touched it to chassis whlie car running to switch maps. It flashes in the ECU erratically so thats good news in a way - at least its not the HFS6 blinking it. .
Old 08-10-2010, 08:11 PM

Jeff thanks for all your help - figured it out. My ECU had a "Max Throttle for activation of MAP2" set to 0. So it would only engage map 2 when the throttle was at 0 and it must bounce between 0 and 1% at idle.