waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Aquamist specific system Q and A and new products > Aquamist HFS-6 forum

Old 29-04-2012, 09:49 PM

Default FCM Problem ::FIXED::

Greetings from Russia.

Trying to install HFS-6 on turbo s2000. After finishing all the wiring and trying to start, I've noticed that there is no connection to red cable coming from FCM (under hood). Neither green or yellow lights are lit. Other connections are fine, only this red one has problem.
One thing I've noticed plugging red cable out and in - "S" light on gauge is lit only with cable inserted, also just in a moment of inserting module is making a "click" sound (similar to sound made by relay). Ground to FCM is good.

I suppose that something is working, something is not. When I tryed to run 100% inj test all indication on main board was correct, but flow didn't run, no sound from pump as well (pump fuse and relay are ok). Could be this the reason of FCM not working properly?
Basically, what is possible reason for this and how problem can be resolved? Any suggestions?

Looking through topics here I found out that red RJ connector sometimes has some problems - I will check it out tomorrow.

Thanks for your time and sorry for my english.

Last edited by fplucid; 29-04-2012 at 10:01 PM.
Old 29-04-2012, 11:08 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Default Re: FCM Problem

Firest thing to check is the RJ45 connector. It could be damaged from threding through tight opening beytwen firewall/cabin.

Is the HFS-6 new? It has been discontinued over two years ago.

Old 30-04-2012, 10:43 PM

Hi, Richard.
HFS-6 is new, everything is just from the box, everything was sealed. Just purchased it from ebay. Can send you details and seller contact info of the seller if necessary.

Checked the connector - it is fine. Pushed the pins additionaly - didn't help. Same thing.

Ground (dunno what else to check with the module):

Module itself:

(Used black water line from previously installed AEM unit)

box with serial on it:

Here is the video. Probably this will help to understand the situation:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jrMO677InI

Notice the "S" lamp being lit and not while plugging and unplugging the connector. Also, as I've said, there is some relay-like "click" on FCM.

I thought that maybe lamp on the socket is not working (what else to thing about? ) - but during test run on full boost there was no flow.

I've also made a video with 100% flow simulation, but picture is similar. All the lights on controller are lit, but no flow.

Please, any suggestions, is it FCM or main unit itself? Where to dig? Now I'm feeling quite disappointed after spending almost 1k usd and two days for installation and having not working unit after all, instead of AEM which was working fine...

Last edited by fplucid; 30-04-2012 at 10:51 PM.
Old 30-04-2012, 11:11 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

On the HFS6. there is a manual test jumper. Can you bridge it tell me if the system sprays.
Old 30-04-2012, 11:33 PM

Yes, here you are (tst jumper is bridged): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtiFD43JCuA

Water line witg injector went directly to cabin, so I can tell that there was NO flow.

As for pump - wiring is 100% fine, tank and water lines are filled with water (after previously installed unit), pump relay and fuse are ok. Red wire goes directly to battery.

Last edited by fplucid; 30-04-2012 at 11:37 PM.
Old 01-05-2012, 12:27 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

Can you undo the 6mm line to the FCM and manually active the system. Tell me if there are ample water coming out of the 6mm hose.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:20 PM

No, not coming. Pump is also keeping silent. I suppose that probably punp won't work not "seeng" FCM (just guess).
Anything else to check?
Old 01-05-2012, 10:55 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

On the video, the S led is blinking, Is it right?
Old 02-05-2012, 07:16 AM

Sensor light is not blinking actually. I just tried to show that it is lit when you plug in red connector, but it disappears when you take it out. So there is some connection. Just plugged it in and out several times.
Old 02-05-2012, 10:53 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

Are ypu good at soldering? It is possible to by-pass the PWM drive inside the FCM to simplify the diagnostic work.