waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Aquamist specific system Q and A and new products > Aquamist HFS-3 forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-07-2013, 08:15 PM

Default Help with HFS-3 and MPS Trigger

Hey

I recently purchased a HFS-3 PWM SN 101020.

I have wired everything up and am getting into the testing phase. I'm using 1000cc injectors, I had a OMNI 4Bar MAP sensor but I removed this and went back to the stock MAP sensor as I thought this might be causing issues.

When running through the various tests, I can make the pump come online, I can get the Pump and FAV to work using the test functions. It sprays a HELL of a lot of water, so that's a good sign!

If I drive the car with the setting on threshold to the minimum it comes on very early and then as the rpm increase it sprays ALOT, all good signs! I haven't put a nozzle on the end of the pipe as yet, I have been testing with no nozzle at the moment. Just to see it all works etc.

I also tested the Barograph, when testing 3 or 4 bars light up along with the "B" on the end, if I use the other test function FDC the Gauge stops displaying the "S"

My problem is coming in that I want to trigger the unit at about 0.3bar pressure and then from my understanding the flow will increase as the IDC increases.
When I pull the jumper off the IDC and put it onto MPS, the threshold light remains on regardless of what I try, high or low settings. This light also activates if I leave the jumper off both triggers, the only time it does not light up regardless is if the jumper is on the IDC prongs.

When the jumper is on the MPS prongs and the unit is on the pumps activates and stays activated. No water passes through as I can only assume the FAV is not activating and the WInjection indicator comes on and the water level indicator comes on. This happens regardless if the car engine is on or off. I have double checked that the wires we tapped into on the ecu is the wires with voltage, ie the signal wire. when the car is off it shows 5v on the cable.

I have not changed any other setting on the unit apart from moving the jumper to MPS trigger...

has anyone had this and can anyone help? I'm tearing my hair out to try get this right :/

Thanks in advance!!