waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Applications (making it work) > Gasoline Forced-Induction

Old 09-03-2007, 05:10 PM

Today I welded myself a water tank, I used 1.5mm thick stainless plate and a stainless closure, I didn't weld for long time so I had to warm-up little bit, but it turned out ok. I made couple mount points for the pump and accumulator. The tank can hold 10liter (2.64 gallon) water.

Front:

Back:

Front assembled:

Back assembled:
Old 26-04-2007, 11:28 AM

Some little progress, I had to speed up things since the car is going to be remapped next Saturday, it was last minute news for me, because the appointment was actually 2 weeks later. So I don?t have time to build every as I wanted but I will try to build so much as possible, some things on next pictures will be temporary.

2 nozzles on my custom made IC-TB pipe here:

Here a overall picture on the pipe:

Here I was started to build de solenoid assembly on stainless plate with holes:

Here the finished version all wired up including the turbo pressure sensors, 2 pipes from IC-TB pipe will be connected to those 2 brass water pressure sensors, this is completed fully working assembly I only need 12V and some wires for the leds to make it work, I used another pipes since the first one too stiff to work with in such small assembly, but all other pipes will be see through.

This is a small box to monitor things, but it is temporary, I used smaller pressure gauge than I posted before:
Old 26-04-2007, 06:38 PM

GREAT looking system! I've got a soft spot for properly thought-out & engineered injection systems. Kudos to you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWolf
Here the finished version all wired up including the turbo pressure sensors, 2 pipes from IC-TB pipe will be connected to those 2 brass water pressure sensors, this is completed fully working assembly I only need 12V and some wires for the leds to make it work, I used another pipes since the first one too stiff to work with in such small assembly, but all other pipes will be see through.
Just a word of warning on those pressure switches. The plastic bodies aren't conducive to high boost levels and I've seen a few crack.

I've always used all brass adjustable Hobbs switches, and the Aquamist pressure switches would be a-okay too. Just a heads up as I'd hate to see such a well-put-together system like that have its weak link be the pressure switches.
Old 27-04-2007, 12:57 AM

Thanks Nathan, when I had these pressure switches first time in my hand I was thinking same thing they look very fragile, I used them for time being and wanted to see how long they go along, if they crack or not work good I will replace those with bras ones. My max pressure will be 16psi (1.1bar) so it is not that much but I am afraid it will crack because of the temperature under the hood, especially in the winters when its cold outside and it gets warm under the hood.
Thanks for heads up again :smile:
Old 01-05-2007, 05:40 AM

Like i said before, i didnt have time to build my system on proper way i like because the system must work last saturday for a ECU remap, so the setup in next pictures are not final, I will change almost everything later on, like making the solenoids assembly in a box hiding the wires and adding a display for flow rate and temperature on the water system.

I am using only distilled water with two 75cc/m nozzles (2.37 gallon a hour) first nozzle sprays water starting at 7.25psi and second nozzle starts at 11.6psi, I used the vacuum line on the BOV for the pressure switches. There are 2 other pressure switches for water just before the nozzles and it shows me inside with leds when its on pressure and injection, 2 another leds show me when the solenoids are open, water system has constant pressure between 100psi and 135psi, the pump is on demand switch it only works when the pressure drops down to 100psi till 135psi.
There is one other led which shows me the pump activity by on demand switch, 2 another leds shows me the low level switches in the water tank.

After this explanation above here some pictures of my system, like I said dont mind the wires and such because I am going to change that al when I got more time.

Here solenoid assembly:

Later version will be covered.

Overall shot:

The little box with leds, switch and pressure gauge:

The wires stays like that till I have new cover under the steering wheel (the big cover above my pedals) I am going to modify complete cover with display and these leds in it (see display below)

Picture from driving position:

As you see it is good readable from that position.

The water tank in the trunk:

A picture from distance:

Now the thing I need to build when I got time, the flow gauge. I am only going to use the display from this unit, it is actually for computer water-cooling systems but it should work on my car to when I modify it:

All leds, switch, pressure gauge and this display will be built in the cover where you see the little box now.

I am driving around with this system for four days and ECU is remapped 3 days ago, car feels great and system works perfectly, water pressure is greatly maintained by the pump and accumulator as I can see on the pressure gauge.

Thanks for all heads up, when I finished the system, as I want I will post some more pictures.
Old 01-05-2007, 08:14 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

YOu have done a great job on this, well done. I just hope there are more people do the same.
Wonderful pictures.

More pictures please.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:08 PM

Keep us updated, some very nice work there!.
Old 08-05-2007, 08:20 AM

Thanks guys.
Richard I like to special thank you for pointing out some points to make it work better and save.

I will post more picture when I finish the flow sensor but I am waiting on an interior cover so I can modify.
Old 10-06-2007, 04:47 PM

I got finally some time on my hands so I build up my monitoring setup further more.

I took a panel in my car and modify it to this:

And mounted in the car with an 11pol connection, everything works perfect now, my old leds where dieing on me every time so I had to use a diode on the pump and the solenoids. For 5volt on the computer display I used a voltage 7805 regulator and it works like a charm, display has 7 different colors so I can match it with the car.

Here the build-in station:

Old 17-06-2007, 05:13 PM

This is a great thread. I like your skills, welding up your own tank, drawing wiring diagrams, wiring, fabricating a gauge......etc.....just great stuff to read. Also, the images are fantastic!