waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Other > Gallery - NEW

Old 18-06-2009, 02:24 PM

Default Aquamist 1s in mk4 1.8T GTI - sleeper install

well i just installed my new w/m injection kit, its from Aquamist out of england and supplier to WRC cars.

Anyways this is the layout of parts

1. first step is to remove the sprinkler resorvoir and thats just 2 bolts and unclip sensor plugs (if its full you will have sprinkler fluid all over the place)

2. Clean out the sprinkler container and drill a hole in the bottum of container, insert the bung from the kit and screw it tight (rubber oring will pressure around hole and tighten up (remember to clean out tank after drilling, so no plastic pieces are left inside).

3. install the container again, you are done with that part.

4. next step is to install the relay, i choose to install it along with the buttom nut that fits the container in place, that way its hidden completly and its nice place to hide and draw wires to battery right above cooler.

(hard to see, but the relay is their.

5. install the pump, it needs a little filter in between tank and inlet on pump, install that with big transparent hose included in kit, easy tighten up procedure and just clip the lines in place.

6. insert the transparent thin hose from outlet of pump and pull it up long side the wires from relay in step 4 and strip it together and let it go down at the battery, its possible to get it down without it being visible.

7. Install the cable shoes on red and black wires, and the grey wire as well. the purple wire needs to be connected to ignition power, i had a relay already in engineroom getting ignition power, so i just installed in that relay (sorry no pics).

8. The adjustable pressure switch i mounted underneath the bracket that holds the oilpin, a vacum hose from intake manifold to that switch and install grey wires on that and mount the rubber isolating piece on switch - its factory set at 10psi, i adjustet it to turn on at 15psi 1/4 to the right, easy.

9. now take out the boost pipe going to intake manifold, and weld a bung on the pipe where you want the water jet fittet, so it has more grip when you install the jet, i used loctite around the jet and tighten it up - i also choose to install it right after IC outlet like recommended by Aquamist for better misting.

10. know install the red and black wire on battery (+ -)

Have a beer :beer: and enjoy a nice done and sleeper installation.

This is the overview of installation diagram with the kit.

And this is how the different water jets acts and flow - i installed the 0,6mm.

Next up i also hade some IC piping redone, and the other end tank that was plastic before, i had remade and painted the pipings, to give sleeper look again.

Anyways, hope it was educational and inspiration.

Oh oh i just forgot, remember to fill resorvoir with 50/50 water and Methanol.

Drive feeling after installation clearly showed that the car became an even more wild beast after 15psi, it kind of felt like extra kick :P - no timing adjusted as of yet and i havent had the car mapped after the install yet, but will be done in july.
Old 18-06-2009, 07:27 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

The installation is very nice, lots of attention to details.

I have noticed one improvement to the tank adaptor. Ther correct way to install the adaptor is as follows:

Old 18-06-2009, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard L
The installation is very nice, lots of attention to details.

I have noticed one improvement to the tank adaptor. Ther correct way to install the adaptor is as follows:

Hi Richard and thanks alot for the nice words on my install, i am also very pleased with it, my first install, but i did take a few days just looking at my bay and drawing a lot, because i really wanted it hidden best as possible and still follow the ERL instructions from A-z.

I think i installed it exactly like you describe, but i was wondering if its the oem rubber - o-ring at the bottom that could have given the confusion? if not , i will look at ASAP, but i drilled the hole, filed inside so i would get a ring that the bung could and rubber could squeze against and then i becan to tighten it. let me know if im wrong.

Old 18-06-2009, 08:55 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Thank you for clearifiying, I am much happier now. It did look a bit confusing.

I particularly like the tank to pump installation!
Old 18-06-2009, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Thank you for clearifiying, I am much happier now. It did look a bit confusing.

I particularly like the tank to pump installation!
Thanks a lot, i will get some pictures of the wiring as well, its all hidden and so is the transparent hose to water jet, but the pump install was what i used most time on, and i dont really know why VW has made rubber application with hole prepared exactly for bung like this to be installed, but they did - and following the instructions mentioning that pump should be as close to tank, under tank level and with 90 degree drop to inlet, kind of made this my choice, and all i can say is that when i hit the correct boost setting the feel of injection really amazed me

how do i actually decide what jet size is the best for my application, that part im having trouble with.
Old 18-06-2009, 09:41 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

We noramlly recommend between 10-15% "water to fuel" flow.
Old 18-06-2009, 09:56 PM

Quote:
We noramlly recommend between 10-15% "water to fuel" flow.
im having trouble understanding the flow vs boost diagram - can you explain it?

Basicly this is my setup in regards of fuel:

i have 530cc pr. cylinder injector running at 4 bar fpr, and i run a max boost of 23psi.

i have installed the 0,6mm water jet, and the boost pressure switch is set to 15psi.
Old 20-06-2009, 09:39 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

If your injectot can flow 2200 cc/min total, 220-330cc/min 10-15% injection, you shuld be using a 0.5mm at 10% and 1mm nozzle at 15%. At 15%, you may need to take some fuel off or you might loose some power due to over cooling.
Old 24-06-2009, 06:24 PM

Well i just thought i would post up a pic of the bay as well - just to make my point about sleeper install...under the hood with w/m installed i should be closing in on 400bhp.

And Richard thanks for the help, i think that my decision about jet size has closed in to a 0,9mm for final map of the car, starting at 14psi and up to 24psi.

Old 31-08-2009, 02:55 PM

Default maxed out fuel pump

Just tought i would post this.

After installing both aquamist 1s system and bigger intake manifold i gained at same boost as before 42bhp and maxed out fuel pump on a GT2860RS, im going to upgrade fuel pump and see if is more power is available with more boost

and a dyno comparison of gains.