waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Other > Gallery - NEW

Old 04-08-2005, 10:59 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Default 760whp skyline with direct port water injection (corrected)

10.6s quarter on street tires, Skyline R33 is receiving more cooling power.

Preparing jet adaptor on the ports...

Old 05-08-2005, 08:43 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

more photos

Tank will last ten runs of 10s quarters.
Old 08-08-2005, 12:49 AM

Wow, that is one nice set up!
Old 09-08-2005, 05:10 PM

Richard , what are the hoses connecting to under the "GT ART" logo and whats the see through plastic box next to the pumps :?:
Old 10-08-2005, 02:01 AM

MY guess: Under the GT ART logo would be water flow sensors, and the see thru box would be seperate fuse panel/box for the WI system.

Richard this is a really neat system/setup, congrats to the owner. Thats a FIA2 behind the pumps correct. Is there a schematic for this setup it would be interesting to see how its designed and how the wiring is done with the two pumps. Two pumps were used because the system is in the trunk? It looks like both pumps feed into a tee that feeds a 30cc accumulator and then outputs to a 6mm line, this line runs to the front and then splits into the two flow sensors, then one outputs to a four way and the other to a Y fitting, then to the jets? What triggers injection? Sorry for the questions, but this looks pretty neat and I'm just curious about how it works.
Old 11-08-2005, 09:51 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbojack
MY guess: Under the GT ART logo would be water flow sensors, and the see thru box would be seperate fuse panel/box for the WI system.

Richard this is a really neat system/setup, congrats to the owner. Thats a FIA2 behind the pumps correct. Is there a schematic for this setup it would be interesting to see how its designed and how the wiring is done with the two pumps. Two pumps were used because the system is in the trunk? It looks like both pumps feed into a tee that feeds a 30cc accumulator and then outputs to a 6mm line, this line runs to the front and then splits into the two flow sensors, then one outputs to a four way and the other to a Y fitting, then to the jets? What triggers injection? Sorry for the questions, but this looks pretty neat and I'm just curious about how it works.

You are perfectly correct, the arragement is exactly as you have mentioned. The system was hurrly built up in a few hours to allow the engine to gain a few more horses for a race. I didn't have timing to finished it before it was whipped off my hands by an impatient courier.

An HSV will replace the two on/off solenoid in the front of the car this week. The two solenoids are triggered by the ECU - programmed to injection from 6000 RPM on and above a certain boost and throttle angle.

The owner has all the details but I forgot the exact procedure. IT managed to gain some 70- horses and got him running 10.6s quarter all day on street tyres on a very hot day (we call 32C a very hot day in England).

By the way, thanks very much for the womderful pictures (nice looking car by the way), I will resize them and post them to the car-specific thread.
Old 11-08-2005, 09:58 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuMaurier 7
Richard , what are the hoses connecting to under the "GT ART" logo and whats the see through plastic box next to the pumps :?:
The purple parts are just twin solenoid valves (on/off).

Old 13-08-2005, 02:42 PM

Hi Richard,

very nice installation! How much water are you injecting in each port?
Which mixture are you using?

Best regards,

Bodo
http://www.turbotuning.net
Old 13-08-2005, 06:04 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Hello Bodo,

I will pass on your nice comment to the man responsible for the installation.

At present the company doesn't want this information to be known to the public. The mixture will be "green" - some special mix that they are going to sell on as a a pre-mix.

We have the similar situation when Snow performance refused to tell one of our user what mix is in their Nitrobased mix so that I can test the Aquamist pump's seal here. Typical commercial interest gone a bit overboard.
Old 21-08-2005, 10:18 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

A pair of precooler is now ready to be fitted to the skyline, will report on the results.