waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Applications (making it work) > Gasoline Forced-Induction

Old 17-10-2004, 10:44 PM

Hi all,

Im a fd owner and newbie to the board.

Im about to step into the world of WI after hearing some great things about it, seems well suited to rotarys.

Hoping to go for a setup like yours DuMaurier, injecting pre-compressor and post intercooler, having been toying with the idea of ditching intercooler completely but think i'll see how it goes first.

Are you running an aquamist system? Im thinking of going for the 2s, but do you think the pump will be able to support 2 jets or will I need another pump? im reading conflicting things so not sure as to the pumps capabilities

After doing the math its look like i'll be needing to inject a fair amount of water, between 252cc and 378cc/min. When injecting pre-compressor does a certain amount of the water get, for lack of better term, 'used up' allowing more water to be injected from the 2nd jet without the engine bogging down?

Sorry for all the questions, but like i said, im a newbie

so far on the rex im running a power fc, downpipe de-cat and cat back, induction kit (heat shield needed :smile: ), and soon to have some 1200cc secondaries in there, with the boost set to 1 bar my IDC is hitting 96% so i need to get that down.

cheers

Andy
Old 04-11-2004, 04:03 PM

Dont think you should get rid of the intercooler , let it do its job , you can only get a cooler charge with it . You can get almost all your questions answered in the Aquamist section , If you need a pair of 1300 injectors , let me know . :!:
Old 04-11-2004, 04:52 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuttlerx
Hi all,

Im about to step into the world of WI after hearing some great things about it, seems well suited to rotarys.

Hoping to go for a setup like yours DuMaurier, injecting pre-compressor and post intercooler, having been toying with the idea of ditching intercooler completely but think i'll see how it goes first.

Are you running an aquamist system? Im thinking of going for the 2s, but do you think the pump will be able to support 2 jets or will I need another pump? im reading conflicting things so not sure as to the pumps capabilities

After doing the math its look like i'll be needing to inject a fair amount of water, between 252cc and 378cc/min. When injecting pre-compressor does a certain amount of the water get, for lack of better term, 'used up' allowing more water to be injected from the 2nd jet without the engine bogging down?

so far on the rex im running a power fc, downpipe de-cat and cat back, induction kit (heat shield needed :smile: ), and soon to have some 1200cc secondaries in there, with the boost set to 1 bar my IDC is hitting 96% so i need to get that down.

cheers

Andy
I missed this post. If you need quick answers, post it to the aquamist section first I always check it section first.

If you require a flow rate between 252 - 378cc/min you have two choices, either use the Aquamist pump with a priming pump - it will get you to 580cc/min.

Shurflo pump is the other choice, it wil not be easy to control as it flow so much water even the pump run very slowly. Ideally if you can run the Shurflo pump continuously- bypass the excess water into the tank via a pressure regulator - some Shurflo pump can internal by-pass in built. If you go that route, make sure that the Shurflo pump do bnot exceed 65C as the in-built thermal switch will switch the pump off. I have run the pump continuously and after an hour ot so under the sun, the pump switched off, need to disconnect the power and re-apply to get it restarted.

I have tried many time to intergrate the two systems together (aquamist and shurflo) but was unable to reliably detect a block nozzle condition - if this is not too important to you, I would go for the Shurflo and some Aquamist MF2 controller pulsing a HSV valve.
Old 04-11-2004, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard L
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuttlerx
Hi all,

cheers

Andy
I missed this post. If you need quick answers, post it to the aquamist section first I always check it section first.

If you require a flow rate between 252 - 378cc/min you have two choices, either use the Aquamist pump with a priming pump - it will get you to 580cc/min.

Shurflo pump is the other choice, it wil not be easy to control as it flow so much water even the pump run very slowly. Ideally if you can run the Shurflo pump continuously- bypass the excess water into the tank via a pressure regulator - some Shurflo pump can internal by-pass in built. If you go that route, make sure that the Shurflo pump do bnot exceed 65C as the in-built thermal switch will switch the pump off. I have run the pump continuously and after an hour ot so under the sun, the pump switched off, need to disconnect the power and re-apply to get it restarted.

I have tried many time to intergrate the two systems together (aquamist and shurflo) but was unable to reliably detect a block nozzle condition - if this is not too important to you, I would go for the Shurflo and some Aquamist MF2 controller pulsing a HSV valve.
This is what I did , yes the blocked jet feature will be lost but , you can include a DDS2 to restore some safety and security .
Old 04-11-2004, 07:14 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

The DDS2 may be a solution for a fix-rate injection system but will be very difficult to diagnose a fault on one jet with vary amount of water when fed from a PWM controller.

The triggering window can either be set wider or narrow but it is not easy to set the whole operating range , say between 200cc to 300cc/min is the window width, the PWM controller could easy vary the flow rate betweenm 50cc to 400cc/min. In this applciuation, how does it determine if the jet is block or just low duty cycle?

The DDS2 was desogned to work with system 1s (fixed rate) and all other systems with variable delivery rate has their own diagnostic circuitry, able to detect a blocked jet in a wide dymanic range.

Consider this block jet problem is not an easy one to overcome when changing to a aquamist/shurflo system.
Old 05-11-2004, 12:03 AM

I think on a PWM system , the lower limit of the DDS2 's range would be more important , I think you have to tune your system to operate safely within the pre set range at the desired boost (not too much ignition advance and not too lean on the a/f ratio . I have two jets so its hardly likely that they would both plug at the same time.
Old 05-08-2012, 10:33 PM

Default Re: Rotary Water Injection Set Ups

hey I'm new to WI planning to buy a new kit for my fd3s : single turbo no cat new engine port, PFC looking to run 12 to 18psi ( 400 to 450WHP) of boost as long as is safe anyone had any recommendation of kit and jet size I got 800pry and 1650 secondary injectors. Thanks
Old 09-08-2012, 11:57 PM

You need to run around 20% by weight water to fuel. Read the complete thread that Peter "Rice Racing" posted on his FD build.
http://www.aquamist.co.uk/vbulletin/...ead.php?t=1590

Last edited by cewrx7r1; 09-08-2012 at 11:59 PM.
Old 17-09-2012, 03:55 PM

Let the wi come on earlier, let say 7psi. And put the biggest nozzle.
Old 29-11-2012, 10:42 PM

I have a series 5 fc3s rx7 and have bought the hfs3 and summer kit. I have a lot of fuel supply including 1000 primary and 1700 secondary injectors and an running a 750hp in tank pump to a surge tank with a Bosch 044 pump. I've got a to4z turbo and am running a microtech computer. It is on just normal fuel and will be guaranteed 10s after I get it into the shop to Bridgeport it(without the aquamist kit). Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks Matt