waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Aquamist specific system Q and A and new products > Aquamist HFS-3 forum

Old 29-07-2016, 04:33 AM

Default No injector signal at gauge

04 Merc e55. Got a new hfs3 wired up but cannot get the fidc led to flicker on the gauge. Using a test light shows that my wiring is ok and the test light will flicker. I think either the gauge, grey gauge harness or the hfs module is no good. Is there a way to test and see the fidc light up (maybe the led is no good but the unit is not picking up the signal)?

Last edited by Mynewe55; 29-07-2016 at 04:43 AM.
Old 29-07-2016, 04:56 AM

Default Re: No injector signal at gauge

It's wired up per that diagram. That diagram was downloaded from a member at mbworld and is not my own creation but was verified to be correct. Wiring did not change from 04 to 06

Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (157 Bytes, 28 views)

Last edited by Mynewe55; 29-07-2016 at 04:58 AM.
Old 29-07-2016, 04:46 PM

Ugh I'm a dumbass. I read the manual closer and the fidc indicator is on the controller. I assumed the w.injection led on the gauge was for fidc signal confirmation without having to take the controller cover off. Gotta be smarter than what you're working with right? We'll retry when I get home.

Last edited by Mynewe55; 29-07-2016 at 04:57 PM.
Old 29-07-2016, 07:51 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

I was going to ask to open the controller but you beat me to it. I get this all the time.
Old 30-07-2016, 03:13 AM

lol don't feel bad i did the same thing during testing of the system ,I emailed Jeff Howerting and after a few emails back and forth we figured out I was wrong .
By the way he was on vaction I think and still responded.Whats funny is I studied the install manual as my wiring and set up was rather intense at least for me having to wire a mulit map boost controller and multi map ecu to the controller. I was 100 % sure the gauge had a light for fidc lol was I wrong! it has a FIDC light in the controller not the gauge as Jeff pointed out to me
mike.
Old 31-07-2016, 01:53 AM

Thanks guys. Ok so it seems to be working as designed now. I do have a question though not pertaining to this. Can the aquamist pump water flow direction be changed? I ask because using a devils own tank requires the pump to be installed upside down (intake/output ports of pump are on top vs on the bottom where they should be IMO). I'm having an issue purging the system to get the pump to run quietly. I don't want to buy another tank as this one is bitchin but there are some issues using a devils own tank and aquamist pump. I'd wager the devils own pump flows water the opposite direction of the aquamist pump causing this install issue.
Old 31-07-2016, 09:09 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

The aquamist pump can only flow in one direction.
If the aquamist is causing you issues, get a devilsown pump.