waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Aquamist specific system Q and A and new products > Aquamist HFS-3 forum

Old 27-07-2015, 08:26 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Default Re: Looking for right angle 3/8BSPP to 6MM

Post a picture please.

The AEM filter is 40um, it is naturally n-more restrictive than a 100um. We have to ditch the filter on a 4x1mm set up.

Due to the mesh size, it can clog up much sooner. Why use a 40 micron filter when the smallest nozzle orifice is over 300 microns,
Old 27-07-2015, 08:36 PM

What would you like me to take a picture of ?

BTW unrelated to this post, I see this problem with my gauge http://www.aquamist.co.uk/vbulletin/...ead.php?t=2730
I do have mine in an air vent. Im going to try and adjust the FSDL like you've mentioned. This problem for me started day 1 out of the box before I even drove it. I thought perhaps the black cable going to the gauge was bad so I tried my spare with the same result. Everything works perfectly fine however.
Old 27-07-2015, 09:03 PM

FYI did some searching around. I was reading around I saw that someone mentioned the AEM filter uses a paper cartridge. That isn't true, or at least for their latest filter. I have a stainless mesh in mine.

Also, found this filter designed for alcohol. Very little pressure drop .15 psi according to aeromotive. Looks like a gem, could screw on some Aquamist pump bushings and have a real professional setup. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/aei-12316/overview/
Old 27-07-2015, 09:11 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk01s4 View Post
What would you like me to take a picture of ?
Picture of the elbow
Old 27-07-2015, 09:20 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk01s4 View Post
FYI did some searching around. I was reading around I saw that someone mentioned the AEM filter uses a paper cartridge. That isn't true, or at least for their latest filter. I have a stainless mesh in mine.

Also, found this filter designed for alcohol. Very little pressure drop .15 psi according to aeromotive. Looks like a gem, could screw on some Aquamist pump bushings and have a real professional setup. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/aei-12316/overview/
It looks nice enough. Make sure it has cone shape filter element inside rather a flat disc. Disc takes on time to clog.

I have seen a great deal of people using AN fittings, they are all made of aluminium, all prone to corrosion in water or methanol. We always use nickel over brass. We use to offer a checkvalve in ali housing, over time strange white power appeared and clogged up the jet.

Have you seen this:
http://www.aquamist-direct.com/806-2...-130um-filter/
Old 27-07-2015, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard L View Post
It looks nice enough. Make sure it has cone shape filter element inside rather a flat disc. Disc takes on time to clog.

I have seen a great deal of people using AN fittings, they are all made of aluminium, all prone to corrosion in water or methanol. We always use nickel over brass. We use to offer a checkvalve in ali housing, over time strange white power appeared and clogged up the jet.

Have you seen this:
http://www.aquamist-direct.com/806-2...-130um-filter/
I did and that looks neat! I was going to buy it, my FAV is in a tight area in the firewall. I went with the trunk setup because its easy to get to and service. Also the reason I'm hell bent on a trunk filter is the fuel cell Im using has foam inside of it for sloshing. It can come lose and I don't want it inside the pump/lines/FAV etc.
Old 28-07-2015, 01:08 AM

My new fittings
Old 28-07-2015, 08:14 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

Thanks for the picture.

You need to remove the sticker on the allen key slot so you can tighten the fitting properly. Never over tighten or the seal collar will crack. Use a 5mm allen key.

If it is working, leave it. I still concern with leak about those push lock fittings long term. We shall see.
Old 28-07-2015, 01:45 PM

Thanks I saw the warning about over-tightning so I left it alone to see if it would leak. None so far so not going to make it tighter . I'm going to replace the filter with an aeromotive and buy the pump fittings to adapt it. I'll monitor for corrosion like you mentioned