waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Water/Methanol database on specific model of cars > Your one-stop search for water/methanol injected cars

Old 09-06-2006, 10:22 AM

Default Subaru STI Spec C Type RA

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum but have just purchased an Aquamist 2c system for my MY06 STI Spec C Type RA.

My engine is currently being rebuilt (melted a couple of pistons on the track :sad: ) but will be up and running in a couple of weeks or so.

I have a V-mount intercooler setup, and was wondering where should I place my jet? Also what orientation (pointing up or down) and what size jet?

The car eventually will be running an HKS GT2835 turbo (= 450HP @ 1.6 bar) and is currently running an Autronic ECU..

Here is a picture of my I/C setup - I'm thinking best placement is on the long straight of piping after the I/C next to the battery...

Old 10-06-2006, 04:05 AM

Default injector placement

well I guess you have not had a chat with Richard yet?
~5 to 7 inches from throttle body is ideal.
so the bend prior to the throttle body would work nicely.
Dynapack AWD Chassis Dyno
Jacksonville, Fl., USA
p.904.645.5486
f.904.642.0977
sojpdp@bellsouth.net
Old 11-06-2006, 12:21 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Thanks for posting the engine bay picture.

I have a few questions:
- Is there any reson why you purchase the 2c for your application?
- Does the autronic ECU have an ouptput top drive the HSV?
- If the Autronic can switch map on the fly, you could consider a System2d. The 2d can take PWM signal form the Autronic or fuel injector.

As regarding the placement of water jet, anywhere between the intercooler exit or few inches before the throttle plate will be good. You will get slightly better cooling effect if it was futher away from the throttle. But if you last problem was due to detonation, perhaps closer to the throttle will allow more unevaporated water to enter the cyclinder for knock control. The difference is only slight.

Richard

PS, Ben have a great deal of experience on the Subaru.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard L

I have a few questions:
- If the Autronic can switch map on the fly, you could consider a System2d. The 2d can take PWM signal form the Autronic or fuel injector.

As regarding the placement of water jet, anywhere between the intercooler exit or few inches before the throttle plate will be good. You will get slightly better cooling effect if it was futher away from the throttle. But if you last problem was due to detonation, perhaps closer to the throttle will allow more unevaporated water to enter the cyclinder for knock control. The difference is only slight.

Richard

I purchased the 2c only because I got a good deal from somebody you had had it for a while but never used it...

The autronic is an SM4 PnP ECU and has a spare output AFAIK...

The autronic can't switch maps on the fly, but can have a map loaded which trims fuel or timing based upon input signal values...

What are the advantages of a 2d over a 2c? Can I buy specific components to make the 2c into a 2d?

Also, are there any issues with placing the jet before the blow-off valve as shown in my engine bay?
Old 12-06-2006, 11:14 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

The fuel and ignition trim is a very interesting an duseful input for water injection.

As the 2c does not have a system fault diagnostic output, I was wonder if you can incorporate a DDS3 flow senseing system or upgrading the 2c to 2d.

If the autrionic's map/ignition trim is analogue typr, you can almost use the 00-5V flow sensor output to trim yout fuel or ignition automatically, this way - no water = no map change.

If the Autronic input is a digital type, you can use the DDS3's digital "map switch" output or the 2d's "digital " fault output" to switch to a less aggressive map.

You have a choice.

Richard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixja
Quote:

I have a few questions:

Richard

I purchased the 2c only because I got a good deal from somebody you had had it for a while but never used it...

The autronic is an SM4 PnP ECU and has a spare output AFAIK...

The autronic can't switch maps on the fly, but can have a map loaded which trims fuel or timing based upon input signal values...

What are the advantages of a 2d over a 2c? Can I buy specific components to make the 2c into a 2d?

Also, are there any issues with placing the jet before the blow-off valve as shown in my engine bay?
Old 12-06-2006, 11:44 AM

Quote:
The fuel and ignition trim is a very interesting an duseful input for water injection.

As the 2c does not have a system fault diagnostic output, I was wonder if you can incorporate a DDS3 flow senseing system or upgrading the 2c to 2d.

If the autrionic's map/ignition trim is analogue typr, you can almost use the 00-5V flow sensor output to trim yout fuel or ignition automatically, this way - no water = no map change.

If the Autronic input is a digital type, you can use the DDS3's digital "map switch" output or the 2d's "digital " fault output" to switch to a less aggressive map.

You have a choice.

Richard
Changing the 2c to a 2d is not an option - I would have to add components to convert the 2c to the 2d. Comparing the two systems, it looks like 2d = 2c + FIA2 + Change-over Relay + 806-157 pressure switch (for MAP sensing) + 3A fuse...

Old 12-06-2006, 12:32 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Placing the jet before the blow-off valve may no tbe a problem if you don't run 100% methanol.

I suggested on my last email my concern on the event when water/alcohol is interruptered and risk the engine from overheating at the level of power you intend to run.

Changing from 2c to 2d is not essential.

Richard
Old 03-07-2006, 08:02 AM

Mixja

you can use anlaog input 1 for 0-5V flow sensor. Then use this for an axis for fuel/ignition trim. It works like a dream!! Also, for HSV you must use 2 injector outputs, because it is 13ohm.

Richard, you can drive HSV and make a 3d map depending on boost/rpm/ex backpresurre/EGT/etc etc etc....
Old 15-07-2006, 03:56 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hic
Mixja

you can use anlaog input 1 for 0-5V flow sensor. Then use this for an axis for fuel/ignition trim. It works like a dream!! Also, for HSV you must use 2 injector outputs, because it is 13ohm.

Richard, you can drive HSV and make a 3d map depending on boost/rpm/ex backpresurre/EGT/etc etc etc....
Are use using the close loop control for the time being?

It is possible to integrate all those inputs but how does one work out the unteraction between them, such as priortising them etc.

Richard