waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Aquamist specific system Q and A and new products > Aquamist HFS-3 forum

Old 19-08-2012, 07:40 PM

Question Help Needed

Hey Guy's..

My name is Philip, and I live in Johannesburg, South Africa.
I drive a 2009 Peugeot 207 GTI, which is my pride and joy

Yesterday I bought a HFS-2 kit from somebody over a local online advertising site.

The kit is brand new and was still sealed in the box.

I managed to follow simple online instructions on how to install everything.

All the hardware is installed in the correct way as well as the wiring (as far as I know).

A couple of things I just cant figure out and I don't want to take a chance and mess around, so I'm hoping somebody can give me some advice..

1. On the "POWER" cable, there is a purple wire that the diagram I have states that it must go to the headlight switch... Is this a positive or negative switch???

2. Included in the box was a "USER" cable, is this wire needed?? Again, in the diagram I have, this cable is not used...

3. On the "ECU" cable.. Well to put it in simple terms... WTF?? lol.. Were to I tap this in exactly, and what wires to I utilize???

I hope to here from someone here soon.. as i am suffering with major detonation as a result of this country's poor fuel quality.. 95RON is the highest you get here... And the last thing I want to do is break a piston.
Old 23-08-2012, 09:55 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Default Re: Help Needed

Answers to your questions:

Aquamist does not seal the box. If it is sealed, be careful.

1) The purple wire goes the +12V side of of the head lamp. If you ground the purple wire the gauge will go full brightness.

2) The user cable (green harness) is important if you have a "direct injection" engine.

3) The ECU cable (grey harness). the red must be wired to a switched 12V, only active in the "pre-crank" key position. The blue wire goes to the "signal wire" of the on-board MAP sensor if you have one (I don't have a pin-out diagram of your ECU, if you can get one, I will make a specific wiring diagram for your car). There is a guy called Softic on this forum, you might like to ask him to help you a bit, ask nicely. Don't use the word "WTF" if possible.

Here is one post he started:
http://www.aquamist.co.uk/vbulletin/...ead.php?t=2309