waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Theory (what it is and what it does) > Injection Mixtures

Old 04-06-2015, 06:52 PM

Default VP Racing M3 vs. M5

What's the general feedback on the benefits of using VP Racing M3/M5 methanol over the standard M1 we currently mix with water. Is there a safe benefit to using M3 or M5 mixed with water on the Aquamist HFS-4 kits? M5 seems to be double the price and contains nitromethane with oil additives which may not be safe for the pumps (or warrantied) but is there a performance benefit?
Old 07-06-2015, 10:15 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

Default Re: VP Racing M3 vs. M5

M3 and M5 are not pure methanol but with additives.

Aquamist clearly stated on every system should only use water or 99.9% pure methanol. Any traces of hydrocarbon will be absorbed by all the rubber components in the wetted paths. Those components will swell up, weaken and eventually falls apart.

There are basically a hand full of rubber used in this industry. Viton and EPDM. Viton is designed for hydrocarbon and EPDM for alcohols. Neither is good for for both.

Here is a picture of a diaphragm being used in the wrong environment, namely M5 with small amount of nitromehane added.

Old 07-06-2015, 01:02 PM

Default Re: VP Racing M3 vs. M5

Richard, this is a great explanation that I will share with some other local water meth users. We had a discussion on a different forum about this and I was wondering for myself but was also looking for this perfect technical response to share with them. I will direct them to this forum thread. Thank you.