waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Water/Methanol database on specific model of cars > Your one-stop search for water/methanol injected cars

Old 29-12-2011, 02:34 AM

Default Aquamist 2d Install ? on an FD?

hi I purchased a second hand aquamist 2d unit . BUT it came with NO instructions I am at a complete and utter loss as to how to even begin to install it . Is there possibly a link to the original instructions or a quick guide as to what goes where ? and how ? hah .

I'm sorry if this has been asked a million times , I tried doing a quick search but it seems that its dominated by the newer models and not much on the 2d system
Old 29-12-2011, 05:20 AM
Howerton Engineering

Default Re: Aquamist 2d Install ? on an FD?

http://howertonengineering.com/retir...m-information/

Scroll down to the third section.
Old 29-12-2011, 10:02 AM

thANKS very much! it was extreemely helpful . But a quick question

The purple wire says " FI % monitor 0-5v = 0-100% , where does that go to?

also if you dont mind does the fuel injector wires go to the main fuel injector rail , or just a random injector doesn't matter which ?

Last edited by Tem120; 29-12-2011 at 10:09 AM.
Old 29-12-2011, 10:37 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

IDC pick up can be connected to any one of the fuel injectors.

The purple wire is intended for IDC logging/moinitoring purpose usage.
Old 16-01-2012, 02:37 AM

Thanks for all the Help , I got it connected to one of the primary injectors it wasnt easy ..

Now all thats left is the TAP .. I have a greddy elbow

now my thoughts are I bought a used model , and it has a very very little bit of thread on the injector where does that thread onto? am I uspposed to drill and tap the elbow then screw it onto that? or am I supposed to usea NUT and screw the nut onto the thread of the injector?

and if I'm supposed to drill and tap is what sized bit and tap do I use ?
Old 16-01-2012, 08:03 PM

You ned to rewire the green wire to the secondary injector (light green) on a n fdrx7. You do not want to tap the greddy elbow as it will strip because the aluminum is too thin to support threads. Buy one of these http://www.howertonengineering.net/p...Weld-Bung.html and have it welded to it for long term use. If you buy the bung also purchase the plug http://www.howertonengineering.net/p...king-Plug.html I just did this complete system on my fdrx7. G

Last edited by g's 3rd gen; 16-01-2012 at 08:08 PM.
Old 16-01-2012, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g's 3rd gen View Post
You ned to rewire the green wire to the secondary injector (light green) on a n fdrx7. You do not want to tap the greddy elbow as it will strip because the aluminum is too thin to support threads. Buy one of these http://www.howertonengineering.net/p...Weld-Bung.html and have it welded to it for long term use. If you buy the bung also purchase the plug http://www.howertonengineering.net/p...king-Plug.html I just did this complete system on my fdrx7. G
wow .. that just ruined my day lol I spent a couple hours to tap the injector wires yesterday .. I tapped one of the red injectors .. did you mean

the green wire? from the injector as the one I managed to tap had a green and a black/yellow wire..

Or is it hte color of the injector itself supposed to be green? the green wire from the system is supposed to be the negative isn't it ? why is it important to get the negative from the green from the secondary injector?

Also I wired it to the upper most injector rail , the closest injector to the firewall on the top rail . it has a puke green , and black/yellow wires . the motor is out of the car . so I dont even know which one is pos or neg , so I just have them onto an extension which I would solder into the aquamist system after I got the motor running and found out which is which .

but i'd like to understand why is it that I need to get hte negative lead (green from the aquamist system) from the secondary injectors ( I imagine you mean the lower rail )

Last edited by Tem120; 16-01-2012 at 11:04 PM.
Old 16-01-2012, 11:14 PM

Aslso could I not just FIND the injector wires that come from the ECU in the harness instead of taping into it from so near the injector? what color are the wires for the secondary injectors if you happen to know?
Old 16-01-2012, 11:31 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Some information below, worth trying.
http://www.aquamist.co.uk/vbulletin/...ead.php?t=1979
Old 17-01-2012, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard L View Post
Some information below, worth trying.
http://www.aquamist.co.uk/vbulletin/...ead.php?t=1979
ok so according to that , the primary works always , while the secondary works part of the time ( after the primaries reach 50% workload , NOW , does the aquamist work depending on the workloado f the injector? say 25% the aquamist throws out a preprogrammed ammount ?

but even when the secondary's activate they work at the same % as the primary's so if at I dont know what kind of measurement it uses but lets say , 1v is idle , and 6v is full throttle .. if the IDC works based on current then weather its on the primary or secondary , 3v will be 3 v on the primary or secondary .. unless there were some way to program the IDC to mate it with the injector's flow rate itself . so the secondaries at 50% load is 400 CC , and the primaries at 50% load is about 250 CC .. so it would be better to put it on the secondaries because its the one with the most flow and thus give the aquamist a better ratio .

BUT since it has no calibration .. what determinates that the secondary injectors are better then the primary since whne the secondaries are working so is the primary .. unless the fear is the aquamist will trigger because the primaries get to 50% quickly and it might stop combustion since there is little fuel . but shouldn't the aquamist only work when the car is in boost anyway?