waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Aquamist specific system Q and A and new products > Aquamist HFS-3 forum

Old 12-06-2018, 02:56 PM

Question HFS3 - GTI 5 Setup

Hi Richard,

I seem to have a bit of an issue where my car is far more rev's based to get the injection working than boost based.

If I am under full boost in 2nd or 3rd gear only high up the rev range like 4000rpm onwards does it kick in and start spraying.

If Im in 4th gear for instance and load the car at say 2500rpm/3000rpm this is dangerous as I only start getting injection a long time after it has hit full boost.

I have pictures of the setup but can't upload them. I could mail them to you.

How can I adjust it to be more boost based ?

If I adjust the threshold any lower then when cruising on the highway it stays injecting.

Any help would be much appreciated.

I want to get a more aggressive file loaded and need the water / meth to be running correctly for the new file.

Kind Regards John
Old 12-06-2018, 03:48 PM

Default Re: HFS3 - GTI 5 Setup

Is your GTI MK5 happens to use K04 turbo?

My friend's GTI MK6 with K04 is having that same problem as yours with his HFS4v3.1 that it comes in way late at 4000rpm when the TRSH is set to 10 o'clock (which is about 27% FIDC). And when the WMI finally triggers; it immediately flashed to max acting just like an on-off switch. This is when trigger is set to FIDC.

The reason I asked is, I want to know if K04 GTI mapping really gets to 27% FIDC at around 4,000rpm. I don't think it is, but I cannot confirm it.

I too had the same issue and my car is Golf MK6 TSI 160, twincharger model. But is now solved by switching the wiring on the injector. At least on mine, there is another hint that is during FDC test the Aquamist flow gauge can only display 4 bars when it should be displaying 8 bars.

So maybe you can try the FDC test and see how many bars Aquamist flow gauge displays. But if it did displays 8 bars, I would just try reversing the wiring on the injector and see if that solves your issue.

Also, on HFS3 there should be a link you can drop a blob of solder at the back of the circuit board to activate flow based on 30% boost / 70% FIDC. You can find the exact spot on the instruction manual.
Old 13-06-2018, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlheman View Post
Is your GTI MK5 happens to use K04 turbo?

My friend's GTI MK6 with K04 is having that same problem as yours with his HFS4v3.1 that it comes in way late at 4000rpm when the TRSH is set to 10 o'clock (which is about 27% FIDC). And when the WMI finally triggers; it immediately flashed to max acting just like an on-off switch. This is when trigger is set to FIDC.

The reason I asked is, I want to know if K04 GTI mapping really gets to 27% FIDC at around 4,000rpm. I don't think it is, but I cannot confirm it.

I too had the same issue and my car is Golf MK6 TSI 160, twincharger model. But is now solved by switching the wiring on the injector. At least on mine, there is another hint that is during FDC test the Aquamist flow gauge can only display 4 bars when it should be displaying 8 bars.

So maybe you can try the FDC test and see how many bars Aquamist flow gauge displays. But if it did displays 8 bars, I would just try reversing the wiring on the injector and see if that solves your issue.

Also, on HFS3 there should be a link you can drop a blob of solder at the back of the circuit board to activate flow based on 30% boost / 70% FIDC. You can find the exact spot on the instruction manual.
Yes, She is K04.

I need to fomd that location on the FS3 board and check that minei is set for 30% boost.
Currently it feels like it completely ignores boost.
Old 14-06-2018, 01:43 AM

Try the FDC test too to make sure the FIDC signal is correct.
Old 26-06-2018, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlheman View Post
Try the FDC test too to make sure the FIDC signal is correct.
I don’t have the gauge so can’t do the FDC test.

I was wondering if I don’t try and convert it to be more MPS or 100% mps based.

Otherwise maybe I must just night the bullet and get a hfs4 board.
Old 30-06-2018, 05:04 AM

Wink Re: HFS3 - GTI 5 Setup

Btw, something to add. Although this is a GTI almost everything that can make it an S3 has been done.
So S3 injectors, S3 boost pressure Censor, K04 Turbo etc.

So tonight I found I can get it to kick in under lower revs just by adjusting the dial right back.... but it still doesn’t kick in under boost load.

I then changed across to an MPS based trigger and that works perfectly.

So if I know MPS works and is reading the Censor. Why would the System not work under boost ?
Could it be the setting on the board for the different Map Censor ranges ? But then why would it work under MPS ?

I’ll try fiddle a little more today.

Another thing. Why would my hfs3 board be set to custom ?
What does that change ?