waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Applications (making it work) > Gasoline Forced-Induction

Old 03-01-2011, 09:18 PM

Default Re: New HFS-1 system not working

ok did everything you mentioned I can blow through the tube slow and fast and see bars across the gauge change depending how hard I blow. However when the system is reassembled and in 'TST' adjusting SC from the guage makes no difference on the bars displayed on the gauge. Is the mainboard or gauge defective?
Old 03-01-2011, 09:44 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

OK, please check the voltage of the top four pins on the right side of the junction board.

It should read something like:
(relative to ground)

+12V
0V
0.5V
2.5V (when SC is set to 12-o'clock)

Also tell me the serial number of the flow sensor.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:58 PM

Ok new update, you know that black cable that goes between the board and the gauge? Initially when I hooked this system up it was like loose the gauge would turn on and off by itself. The vendor that sold me the system sent me a replacement black cable and now the guage stays on all the time. Except that new cable must have a problem also because like I said the SC setting didnt do anything when making adjustments. I plug in the original black cable and now suddenly the SC dial works. The original black cable still has the problem with the gauge turning on and off. So out of two black cables both are bad ! Argh. I could recrimp it again, although it does appear to be a larger connection then RJ45.

I guess the question is does Aquamist have a lot of problems with these cables causing the gauge to flicker on and off?

Now with SC set to 6 bars as instructed and WL set to full counter-clockwise and WH set to full clockwise and the system activated with TST advancing WL clockwise never distinguishes the 'B' light. I can turn it in back and forth it does nothing B light stays on.

Last edited by blk01s4; 03-01-2011 at 10:28 PM.
Old 04-01-2011, 12:31 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

Until I know the serial number of your system, I am not sure if your gauge version.

Qestions:
1. Does your have have a RJ-45 socket at the back or a 2.5M trailing black cable
2. The flicking is not not be due to the RJ-connector. The earlier version of the DDS3v10 board is sensitive to noice at the +12V supply. Anyway, this is gone with the new cable.
3. I think we should fix the cable problem first (the new one).

It is quite easy to have a partial short between the strands of the flat black cable, could be badly crimped or flexed too much during installation.

Anyway, perhaps it is better to make a new cable, just cut off the two plugs and crimp on new once. Make sure the plug/plug orientation is as following (colour is not important)

And check for damages:

Old 04-01-2011, 01:09 AM

S/N is 4125

Qestions:
1. Does your have have a RJ-45 socket at the back or a 2.5M trailing black cable
Both it has what appears to be an RJ45 and a trailing black cable

2. The flicking is not not be due to the RJ-connector. The earlier version of the DDS3v10 board is sensitive to noice at the +12V supply. Anyway, this is gone with the new cable.
I dont see how this could be because I can wigle the cable and cause it to happen. If I hold the cable at a certain angle it works all the time. problem was solved with a new cable but like I said which brings new problems along with it.

This cable is terminated with RJ-45 connectors right? Im not 100% sure because they look wider then normal.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:17 AM

After close examanation of the new cable there does appear to be damage from the crimping tool. I did count the wires/pairs and I will recrimp an RJ-45 to the end of the cable and report back.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:07 AM

Awesome, after recrimping the cable that had the bad end now it works I can dial the SC around and the bars move. But, still no dice on moving the WL to get the "B" light to turn off once SC is dialed in. I noted the version of the board I have is V10-L. Does the version of the board I have support doing this? The instructions I have say V10-W on them so im starting to wonder.
Old 04-01-2011, 09:35 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

The HFS-1 has been discontinued for over a year, I was surprised to hear that you only got it as a new system (as title says).

V10W (web acquired) means the insrtruction is downloaded from internet and re-printed. Please take a picture of the board that has V10L printed.

Which one of our dealer did you buy the system from? By the way, the WL and WH has nothing to do with the cable. Please let me have the serial number of the flow sensor so that I can track back the origin of your system, a new system should be have this happen.
Old 04-01-2011, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard L View Post
The HFS-1 has been discontinued for over a year, I was surprised to hear that you only got it as a new system (as title says).

V10W (web acquired) means the insrtruction is downloaded from internet and re-printed. Please take a picture of the board that has V10L printed.

Which one of our dealer did you buy the system from? By the way, the WL and WH has nothing to do with the cable. Please let me have the serial number of the flow sensor so that I can track back the origin of your system, a new system should be have this happen.
Well I bought it about a year ago and it was technically 'new' because it was in the box. I bought the system from EPL in CT. I posted my serial number in a few posts up check it out it should be there I can see it in the post.

Is the setup with WH and WL suppose to work like the manual says ? I will take a picture for you when I get home. I suppose if there is something wrong with the mainboard I could always buy the updated one I can't imagine the board being much money. Its my own fault for letting it sit in the box so long.

Thnx
Old 05-01-2011, 05:13 AM

Im having problems with my Camera .. Did you see my S/N above? Also still wondering why I cant distinguish the 'B' light when adjusting WL .