waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Aquamist specific system Q and A and new products > Aquamist HFS-4 forum

Old 13-02-2012, 07:45 PM

Default Re: HFS-4 intro...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard L View Post
Anyone wants to discuss how they can make best use of the HFS-4, please post here. There are so much more the H4 can do. Please specify makes, model and power target.
hi richard - thank you for your tremendous customer support.

i just signed up for the GB for the HFS-4 and a dual tank enclosure.

i have a 2008 usdm subaru wrx making around 450whp on pump 93 and plan on running 50/50 to see what more i can extract from the setup.

what suggestions do you have for my installation or tips to best take advantage of my new HFS-4?

thanks, again!
Old 13-02-2012, 07:49 PM
Howerton Engineering

Default Re: HFS-4 intro...

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxman View Post
I have the Cobb tune installed on my 2009 335i with a Helix front mount intercooler and dual intake.
Prelim schematics in the link. We will be confirming these schematics are correct and testing the HFS-4 on a 335 this week.

http://howertonengineering.com/2012/...54-schematics/
Old 13-02-2012, 08:01 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Default Re: HFS-4 intro, application for your engine...

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkiboy View Post
hi richard - thank you for your tremendous customer support.

i just signed up for the GB for the HFS-4 and a dual tank enclosure.

i have a 2008 usdm subaru wrx making around 450whp on pump 93 and plan on running 50/50 to see what more i can extract from the setup.

what suggestions do you have for my installation or tips to best take advantage of my new HFS-4?

thanks, again!

Do you have a FMIC? I assumed you do. Please make sure the two jets (yes two) is placed as far away from the throttle. 3-6" apart is perfect. This promotes better mix and allows more time for the droplet to perform inlet tract cooling.

The reduced droplets will give better cylinder distribution so you don't have to tune to the cylinder with least water whilst the others are over cooled.

The HFS-4 has three MAP sensor input definitions, absolute, 2 bar and three bar. It converts any two of the latter MAP sensors signal from "atmosphereic to boost" to 0-5V.

This is useful if you want to want to balance the meth flow between idc and boost (vacuum is nulled out).

50/50 is a good starting point.
Old 13-02-2012, 08:40 PM

Thanks for the support! I signed up for the group buy, I plan on running the HFS-4 with direct port injection on an audi a4 fsi motor is there any new info that I will need for install verse your older systems.
Old 13-02-2012, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard L View Post
This is very straight forward.
I have spoken to Cobb, they are very happy to cut boost as a fail safe until something more refine comes up. At present they are working on a meth map, based on the HFS-3. A HFS-4 will be with them in the next few days. Depending on their work load, they will run it. I also believe one of the Cobb shop is installing and tuning a HFS-3 based 335i. The HFS-4 is backwardly compatible with the HFS-3 as far as Cobb is concerned.
We will publish a generic H4/Cobb wiring diagram before the end of the GB.
The HFS-4 is now equipped to work with Procede (any version) and BMS JB4. It has a "RAW pulse" and voltage output to represent meth flow to work with their failsafe input.

Which Cobb maps have you tried so far?
So far with my mods I have been using Stage 1 aggressive. Cobb has said that a Stage 1+ is in the works (to take into account the upgraded FMIC) but it has not been released yet.
Cobb Stage 2 and Stage 2+ require upgraded downpipes and I'm stock in that area.
Old 14-02-2012, 12:46 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by okswerve16 View Post
Thanks for the support! I signed up for the group buy, I plan on running the HFS-4 with direct port injection on an audi a4 fsi motor is there any new info that I will need for install verse your older systems.
Is there a reason why you are going for direct port?

I was more concernng about the reaction time of the meth delievery. There is delay due to having to purge the air out and to refill a network of hoses due to the syphoning effect of engine vacuum.

If the direct port is being used for suppliementing the lack in capacity of the FSI injectors for high power application, than the installation is quite straight forward. You won't need to trigger the system until mid to high load. Delivery delay is no longer of any concern if you trigger the system slightly earlier.

But if you commencement of the injection id from low to mid load, the delay will affect the smoothness of the delivery because theere isnlt much time between refilling the hoses and spraying. Under this conditions, you must add four checkvalves behind each jet to stop the vacuum from syhoning the fluid out of the hoses.

Here is a link to such as example:
(see a small checkvalve is inserted behind each jet.

http://www.aquamist.co.uk/vbulletin/...p?t=781&page=3

For long term trouble free operation, good filtering is essential.
Old 14-02-2012, 12:49 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxman View Post
So far with my mods I have been using Stage 1 aggressive. Cobb has said that a Stage 1+ is in the works (to take into account the upgraded FMIC) but it has not been released yet.
Cobb Stage 2 and Stage 2+ require upgraded downpipes and I'm stock in that area.
In any case, the HFS-4 is well equipped to tackle any goodies forth coming from Cobb.
Old 14-02-2012, 12:50 AM

You mentioned that the hfs-4 is the new HFS-6, what does the 4 do that the 6 won't/didn't?
Old 14-02-2012, 01:22 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

1. The HFS-6 cannot reads BMW's piezo electric based injector
2. The HFS-6 does not have signal conditioned MAP sensor input of 2, 3 bar version.
3. The HFS-6 has only one flow table compared to H4's three. Flow ranges, 500, 1200 and 2000cc/min.

That is as much as I can remember at this time of the night/morning. Is there enough to keep you happy. I will check out for more at the office.

Do you want to be on the list, I wasn't sure so I put you on the GB list - nothing is fixed until the closing date.
Old 14-02-2012, 01:38 AM

Is there an HFS-4 for mazdaspeed6 and/or 3?