waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Aquamist specific system Q and A and new products > Aquamist HFS-4 forum

Old 28-05-2013, 09:37 PM

Default Re: False flow readings from flow sensor.

Side note i wrapped the sensor in some aluminum based heat wrap *readily available got mine at autozone* and that fixed the false flow problem. So if changing the position isn't an option this is.
Old 29-05-2013, 08:27 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

I wish I can see one of those cars in person so I can put a scope to see exactly what the disturbances are.

Interest result (positive) from aluminum wrapping. Metal based shield will suppress radiate noise. I suspect there are a number of other factors still unaccounted for.
Old 21-06-2013, 01:00 AM

This is probably true. I think i was on the edge of how close i could be bc if i move it over about and inch it picks of the false flow again even when wrapped. I did notice with the hfs 4 that i dont get a set flow on the gauge its always moving. Only time its constant is if i have the car off and in ACC and set the controller to SYS to make it spray. Then it stays at a constant 6 bars. But as soon as i start the car i get an extra 2 or 3 bars bouncing around. I assume thats normal yes? I Even moved the sensor out of the engine bar for testing same results.
Old 21-06-2013, 04:59 AM

yup, me and one other guy still get false reading sometimes. Even with the fav assembly away from everything. Frustrating at time since i spent about 20+ hours rewiring and rerouting all the wires for nothing. Wonder how does this affect the failsafe cause I still have it disabled and not using the higher octane map in my car. Read somewhere that few other guys had the same problem and all where on direct injection cars.
Old 15-07-2013, 08:37 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

Can you try wining some ali tape on the harness and ground it at on end. I love to know what type of signal might have caused it. Do you have a friend who owns a scope?
Old 16-07-2013, 01:09 AM
Howerton Engineering

We have worked on this with a few customers lately, and found the negative battery cable is also a source of noise. It seems the source of noise is different from car to car, but there always seems to be something causing it.

Of the installs I've been involved with I have never experienced this first hand so all I can do is pass on what others are reporting and coming up with.
Old 17-07-2013, 08:23 PM

I think I found a sweet spot for the fav assembly now. Right next to the coolant over flow tank. So far no false readings.
Old 12-08-2013, 02:00 AM

I found a major part of my false flow was the the fact that there were some metal shavings in the turbine of the FAV. After i took it apart and cleaned it that solved 95% of my flow problems. Im thinking of trying some magnetic shielding tubes instead of the wrap im using now.
Old 20-08-2013, 06:11 PM

I've been getting false flow readings, as well. I have the same car as yokimazoku and we've been messaging back and forth, but I figured I'd post here too.

When I first start the car after it's been sitting for a while, the gauge reads fine. No false readings, even after driving around easy for a bit. But after the first time I get on the throttle and the system flows, I start to get false flow at part throttle normal driving and idle. The gauge will flash anywhere from 1 to 6 bars randomly and really fast. I removed the flowsensor turbine (but did not disassemble it) and blew compressed air through it to see if any debris came out. No luck. I then tried shielding the hall sensor and wires near any other electrical source without success.

Should I disassemble the flowsensor turbine to check for debris? If so, how do I do that?
Old 20-08-2013, 09:00 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

It is strange the false readings only come from the same car.

Use two 14mm spanners. You only need to undo one end. It will be obvious after that.