waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Applications (making it work) > Gasoline Forced-Induction

Old 24-04-2010, 12:41 PM

Default Smart roadster application

I have a smart roadster which uses a 700cc turbocharged engine,it boosts to just inder 1.5 bar and I wondered if anyone has fitted a water injection kit to a vehicle like this or has any advise as I am thinking of putting a basic kit on it.
at the moment it has a standard fan cooled intercooler which is quite small and sits in the engine bay so isnt too efficient
Old 24-04-2010, 02:54 PM
Howerton Engineering

Default Re: Smart roadster application

Water injection should work quite well for you application. What type of climate are you located in?
Old 24-04-2010, 03:24 PM

Im located in the north of Great Britain
can you recommend a basic kit for me and what size spary nozzle I should use please ?
Old 25-04-2010, 05:46 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Hey Zero, give me a call, I am based in England (Brightion).

Do you know what power are you running at the moment with 1.5 bar? I should be able to calculate the water jet size for you.

01273 581007

Richard
Old 06-07-2012, 06:49 PM

Hello All,
I too have a Smart, but a fortwo and am interested in your kits, after a lot of research I am sure that they are superior to the competitions offerings.
My engine is also the 700cc with a roadster turbo. All the usual intake and exhaust mods have been done. It runs at 97hp @ 6200rpm and redlimits at 6500. Boost at max is 1.49 but ideally I would like to up this to at least 1.6 after adding the injection, I intend to have it retuned/mapped by S2 Smart after fitting.
The intake duct between intercooler and throttle body is very short, what are the recomendations regarding nozzle/s placement for this application? I am also considering a second smaller injector pre-turbo, the tiny inlet of this turbo makes it impractical to mount the injector close to it but it could be mounted about a foot straight away before a bend next to the air filter that would create turbulance. The silicone intake pipe also tapers considerablly before meeting the turbo so the pressure would be lowest at the point of injection (I think it may well be possible to mount it in a similar style to riceracers).
My intake air temp can be as high as 70C+ because of the small intercooler becoming soaked (funny location for it in a city car too), normally at around 12c ambient it seems to run in the very high 30's low 40's, what sort of reductions could be expected? (figures from ECU via x-guage).

Cheers,
Lucian

Last edited by Kapt. Q; 15-01-2013 at 07:01 PM. Reason: errors