waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Aquamist specific system Q and A and new products > Aquamist HFS-3 forum

Old 27-06-2017, 02:26 PM

Default HFS3 - Pump Relay Failure

Hi Richard,

Thank you for responding to my email. I thought that I will take up your previous advise to share the problem in this forum so that everyone can learn from it.

I had my new HFS3 installed on my Forester on Oct 2016 and shortly after, I had a pump relay failure where it would stick and power the pump continuously. After replacing the relay (thank you Richard for the replacement), the system works wonderfully until this week.

This time, the defect first showed up as fail safe activation with both yellow Led lite up. After some troubleshooting, i decided to replace the relay with another unit of mine. The system now works flawlessly again.

Question: What could kill the relay so quick in succession? You mentioned in the email that the power supply could be fluctuating. But I have Apexi gauge installed which reads the voltage all the time. I don't recall seeing huge fluctuation other than the usual alternator cutting in and out. When alternator cuts in, it will show 13.8v and then drop to 12.5v which is perfectly normal.

Anything else to check?