waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Aquamist specific system Q and A and new products > Aquamist HFS-4 forum

Old 14-09-2017, 12:15 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

Default Re: Hfs-4 wiring for Audi B8 s4 3.0 (2009-2013)?

sent wiring diagram
Old 25-09-2017, 05:24 PM

Hey Richard,

I finally had some time to work on the system this weekend. I have all the injectors mounted. However, I had to reposition the throttle body injector so that the nozzle is on the bottom of the plate spraying upwards. It won't fit any other way. It might fit differently if I get a right angle immediately following the nozzle, otherwise it puts way too much stress or hits the throttle body itself.

Will I see any issues with pooling or clogging in this position? Is there anything I should check part of routine maintenance?

Old 26-09-2017, 08:14 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

I would not advise to fit the jet at the throttle. You can move it towards the exit of the IC?
Pooling is unlikely unless to trigger the system at very low boost or very long delivery line. The FAV has a shut-off time of 0.003s.

Try not to put the jet at the bottom of the charge pipe so the residual oil/water will not flow into the jet under idle period, avoiding the chances of clogging up.
Old 26-09-2017, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard L View Post
I would not advise to fit the jet at the throttle. You can move it towards the exit of the IC?
Pooling is unlikely unless to trigger the system at very low boost or very long delivery line. The FAV has a shut-off time of 0.003s.

Try not to put the jet at the bottom of the charge pipe so the residual oil/water will not flow into the jet under idle period, avoiding the chances of clogging up.
This is one of 7 jets. The other 6 are after the supercharger (direct port). This one is pre-charger.

I wonder if I can fit a right angle adapter in there so I can rotate the throttle body adapter 90 degrees.

Anyhow, I should get some more time in the next couple weeks to get the system dialed in and the failsafe tested. Seems like things are coming along nicely!

Last edited by MiztahSparklez; 27-09-2017 at 02:43 PM.
Old 29-09-2017, 08:09 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

instead of running long lines to the hex manifold, put the H.manifold on the centre of the block.
Old 11-10-2017, 05:56 PM

Hey Richard, I'm attempting to tune the HFS4 and my logging is less than optimal for when meth is activating. I am getting timing pull on the 91 octane tune I have. I also had some strange activation issues where the system would light up both lights (even with failsafes set to fully counterclockwise/clockwise respectively) and not spray. Perhaps my ratio of P/I-R and thres was not set low enough to engage.

Is it better to use the MPS or IDC jumper for triggering in my case? My boost level is around 19-20PSI. Likewise, should I have the p/i-r knob kept at half, above or below? I am trying to get a better understanding of how these settings change the system. Edit: I think the order of tuning goes P/I-R, Thres, then Gain, this is something I just realized now. All the settings relate to one another.

From what I understand so far:

Trigger jumper/POT: this is how much load/boost you wish to trigger the system. I have it set to 30-45% and jumper set to IDC. This engages about the time where I start loading the engine and sprays during mid-range and higher RPM.

P/I-R - flow ratio in terms of boost and fuel. Counterclockwise will adjust flow rate more in line with boost, while clockwise will adjust it based on fuel/injector load. (This one I'm not sure is working the way I think. At one point I attempted to go fully counter clockwise, but got no spray with two yellow lights). I almost think boost isn't being read correctly or I have something set wrong (edit, likely Threshold set too high). I did get the B to light every time I hit boost, however.

Gain: this is how fast you reach max flow of your system, in relation to what is set in the POT above.

I did not reach the 95% IDC light at all while I was tuning

I measured all the tank connections, power and the floater seem to be working the way it should.

Last edited by MiztahSparklez; 12-10-2017 at 09:35 AM.
Old 12-10-2017, 06:36 PM

So it looks like I was able to smooth out the timing pull but by turning P/I-R to the 1 o'clock position and adjusting thres and gain accordingly. However, I am wondering if I have an issue of where I tapped boost from, as I started seeing the unreliable behavior when using MPS and had the P/I-R knob set below the 12 position. If I set it to the 10-11 position, I would only see spray seldomly and sporadically. Setting thres too low and I was seeing spray at idle!

I think for my use of boosting octane primarily then providing cooling secondary, it is probably okay for me to use engine load as the ramp mechanism.
Old 24-10-2017, 08:50 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

Have you match up map sensor range with the under-board MPS solder link?
Old 24-10-2017, 09:16 AM

Quote:
It is currently set for 3 bar. (This is a v1 controller).

I may try to reflow the solder. Perhaps there is a cold joint.

I did another test today, could not get the system to do anything with MPS as the trigger. Zero flow and high boost does not light up. Do you know the range of voltage I am supposed to see from this wire? Maybe I can hook up my multimeter to check if voltage is sufficient.

I can confirm IDC is working correctly. The light progressively goes up with rpm/load. Seems strange though. Sometimes my flow barely reaches 75% at a high rpm. Then other times I can get flow that goes past 100 and the IDC 95 light may even appear.

I think I may take everything apart and clean all the parts as well. I feel that with this setup, I should not be pulling timing the way that I am. Everything just seems very sporadic and not consistent.

Getting the system flowing correctly is the current priority. After I figure it out (maybe even if I need to order new parts), I can work on getting the failsafes in place.
Old 24-10-2017, 09:28 AM

Quote:
It is currently set for 3 bar. (This is a v1 controller).

I may try to reflow the solder. Perhaps there is a cold joint.

I did another test today, could not get the system to do anything with MPS as the trigger. Zero flow and high boost does not light up. Do you know the range of voltage I am supposed to see from this wire? Maybe I can hook up my multimeter to check if voltage is sufficient.

I can confirm IDC is working correctly. The light progressively goes up with rpm/load. Seems strange though. Sometimes my flow barely reaches 75% at a high rpm. Then other times I can get flow that goes past 100 and the IDC 95 light may even appear.

I think I may take everything apart and clean all the parts as well. I feel that with this setup, I should not be pulling timing the way that I am. Everything just seems very sporadic and not consistent.

Getting the system flowing correctly is the current priority. After I figure it out (maybe even if I need to order new parts), I can work on getting the failsafes in place.