waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Other > Gallery - NEW

Old 19-06-2014, 09:25 PM

Default Re: 2005 Ion Redline build/install

Picked up the howerton tank with wiring and aquamist pump. Richard will soon receive paypal for my HFS4-v3, got the SC spacer, and the TB spacer will soon be worked on.

Richard, If I am putting a nozzle before and a nozzle after the SC, what ratio should I be looking at? Running 42lb injectors, and will probably run about 30% methanol.

Last edited by Dust; 19-06-2014 at 09:31 PM.
Old 04-09-2014, 02:13 PM

HFS-4 came in faster from GB than a package from Amazon two states over. I tried to install the washer tank and evidently I got the tank from the Cobalt SSNA, instead of the SS/SC. So $50 down the drain. Found an SS/SC driver that had one for $20+shipping, and got some pictures of how it mounts, so i will get it installed when it comes in.

To Richard or anyone reading, with the shape of the washer tank (see below), would the place the washer pump is at be a good place for pickup? There is a half circle shape at the bottom of the tank where the pump mounts, and there is already room for 6mm hose to run. I would mount the low level sensor halfway up, about where the connector for the pump is, and run the wiring up that indention.

I will use the intank filter if it isn't too long, or the AEM inline filter if there is worry about debris.

Old 26-10-2014, 11:12 PM

$20 tank a no go, but have a few more lines on other ones. None of the normal places have them (Rock Auto/Ebay) as somehow they believe that the SS/NA and SS/SC have the same tanks. Next weekend I hope to have tint and keyless done, and will have the shop run an injector wire and map wire to the cabin. My only concern now is mounting the FAV. The nozzles will be on the driver's side of the car, but the driver's side has ABS, HID ballasts, ECU, and fuse block as seen in the picture.

My only choice is to mount above the radiator, above the engine, near the ECU/fuse block, or in the bumper area. I am leaning towards the bumper area as it would be closest to the nozzle, and furthest away from the electronics and heat, but most likely to get wet. I can post a pic of the bumper area if anyone would like to see.
Old 27-10-2014, 12:02 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

I am confused, you got Howerton trunk tank and now you are installing another tank in the engine bay?

The HFS4 pump or relay cluster will not last very long. You probably already know.
Old 27-10-2014, 06:02 PM

Richard, I found an HFS6v1 for cheap a few months ago, and considering using it as the HFS-4 is setup for DI.

I am also trying to keep the trunk empty as the only place for the Howerton would be in the back corner, and having it there would make carrying rifles a hassle. I am still considering putting a cheap PPS system with the pump mounted to the engine mount via a bracket. But I just found another HFS-6 for ridicucheap plus shipping, so I don't know yet.

Last edited by Dust; 27-10-2014 at 10:04 PM.