waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Applications (making it work) > Gasoline Forced-Induction

Old 21-12-2007, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard L
I have copied and pasted the following from another thread here, try contacting SX. It appeared that they have what you are looking for.

Hi,

As I understand it the SX series of pressure regulators are water/methanol safe --- although the operating range is quoted as 35-90 psi so
they are likely not to be suitable.

The 515 series of fuel lab regulators are also water/methanol safe --- and they quote an operating range up to 125 psi.

Regarding "115psi (@-10psi vac) to 150psi (@25psi boost)" --- as far as I know the presence of water during the compression stroke absorbes heat thus preventing detonation. In the absence of detonation risk i.e. manifold vacuum, water injection reduces peak cylinder pressure.

Given that the available pressure regulators indicate a max water pressure of 125 psi --- I would set the water pressure to 114 psi @ 14 psi boost rising to 125 psi @ 25 psi boost. This is mostly because I experience the onset of detonation at 1 bar and this is where my map starts dumping fuel...

Say what happened to the HFS-5 one time only introductory offer...?

Robert
Cool .. I will look into that.

Now what about the by-pass? Is it needed?
Old 30-12-2007, 06:18 AM

Richard,

What do I need to do to have the pump run at 150psi and how do I modify the MAP switch to start @ xx psi?

Since I am adding the RRWR I am just going to have it turn on and increase water directly referencing boost.
Old 30-12-2007, 03:05 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

I need to send you a non-by-pass assembly if you have already purchased the system. If you have not , we can supply a pre-assembled pump + system from factory.

Please ensure you have a RRFPR pre-calibrated to 125psi - this will allow you to go up to 150 psi during 25psi boost.

Richard
Old 30-12-2007, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard L
I need to send you a non-by-pass assembly if you have already purchased the system. If you have not , we can supply a pre-assembled pump + system from factory.

Please ensure you have a RRFPR pre-calibrated to 125psi - this will allow you to go up to 150 psi during 25psi boost.

Richard
I already have purchased the HFS-5 system so what info do you need form me to get the non-by-pass assembly.

Thx for the heads up on the RRFPR.