waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Aquamist specific system Q and A and new products > Aquamist HFS-6 forum

Old 10-06-2011, 05:30 PM

Default HFS6 and misfire code.

Hi there...

Two issues coming up now... I get a cyl misfire P0305 / P0307 and it seems to occur when the engine at part throttle. It only occurs if I have been using the Aquamist. No issues under WOT.

Have thresh at 72% and other items at mid values. At mom have not adjusted for boost, but in process of trying this soon.

One thing I have noticed is the HFS keeps spraying for at least 2-3 seconds after I am completely off the throttle. Is this correct? What I believe is happening is I get some pooling of water in the intercooler section and then this water travels through under part throttle (no boost) into the cyl / combustion and giving the misfire code/s....

Hopefully with the boost compensation the trailing spray will be reduced a bit. Unless I switch to a MAP based water delivery setup...

Any ideas / sugegstions welcome.
Old 13-06-2011, 10:53 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Default Re: HFS6 and misfire code.

Can you tell me if the system is spraying at part throttle when the misfire occurs. Set the trip point higher or set the "offset" lower. It could be caused by the system blown out the sparks.

The aquamist will stop immediately when it goes below the trip point. But the gauge migh still display flow due to the turbine in the flow sensor runing on. Also The bargraph has an inbuilt rollomh average low-pass filter so the signal send to the gauge lingers on a bit.

Watch the amber led on the controller, This is a more accurate way to determine the stop/start of the spray.
Old 20-06-2011, 10:21 AM

Thanks Richard -

The misfire occurs on part throttle. And only seems to occur after a wot run. If I suddenly come off the throttle (from wot)- mbe 10 seconds later I get the misfire...

code reader snapshot1

closed loop, lt and st fuel trims on 2nd bank very low (misfire side), engine speed 1875rpm, map 63kPa, 34% load

snapshot 2 (second event)
closed loop, same fuel trims low, engine speed 1275rpm, map 34kPa, 17% load
Old 23-11-2015, 01:45 PM

Hi Richard

I have this misfire coming up again - I been wondering if tapping into the ecu harness has changed the wire resistance or insulation ? Also the wire tapping the ecu seems a very thin gauge and is maybe pinched somewhere on the chassis or in the hfs 6 itself?

With the wire disconnected there is no misfire ?

Any ideas....?
Old 23-11-2015, 11:56 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

I don't know the answer, try a new harness?
Old 25-11-2015, 10:57 PM

Richard

Is there an alternative way to connect up the system in terms of the injector +/- feeds ?

I'm wondering if the positive off the ignition is not causing the issue?

I currently have the system disconnected (as in all wires detached) and no misfires....

Thx Steve
Old 09-12-2015, 01:06 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

There will be other problems such as the (+) is not sync to the fuel injector (+). It is a must to avoid hyrdolock.